We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Coventry
reviews: 51
The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Hello all,

I am really hoping you may be able to help me with something? My husband and I are looking at going to The BodyHoliday in St Lucia in November. We would like somewhere luxurious but also with plenty of activities to get involved in - but then can also relax if we want to.

I have a couple of questions:

* Room upgrades - are they worth it? It is around £50 to upgrade to luxury with ocean view and £300 for grand luxury with ocean view. Are these upgrades worth it?

* transfers - I have read that the shared coach transfer takes ages. Is the helicopter worth the extra? And is it true bags arrive a lot later?

* TV - is it true there are no TVs in the room (not that it bothers me that much...)

* Weather - Anyone been end Nov/Dec? Looked at usual weather and says that around that time it is quite dry?

* Virgin offer quite a good deal on this holiday compared to Kuoni - anyone travelled with any other UK operators?

Anything else I should know before booking?

Thanks in advance....

Caroline

UK
1. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Not specifically been to this hotel, but I can answer a few of your questions.

The journey to the north of the island takes about an hour and a half.but you do get to see a lot of the island en route. I've never considered it to be a major issue

If you take the helicopter transfer, your bags don't fly with you on the helicopter, they arrive by road, so they could arrive considerably after you. Bear in mind that if you take the helicopter, it only takes 6 people per flight, so you might have to wait for several return trips before you can get on the aircraft, so if you are taking the helicopter for speed only, then it might not work out quicker than going by road.

Hayes and Jarvis (and I believe Thomas Cook) also offer packages to this hotel and like Kuoni, will give you the option to fly with Virgin or BA. British Airways holidays is also an option.

Hope that's helped a bit.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
2. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Room upgrades worth it? That is in the eye of the beholder. The rooms are not signifigantly larger in the next categories up, but they are closer to the beach and less steps. Also, as you move up in the categories, the bathrooms get a little larger too - and may include a bathtub. So - worth it is up to you. for us, we have enjoyed both the luxury beachfront rooms and the regular luxury rooms and both were great - the more "basic" rooms are very comfortable and were just a few more steps to the beach and pools, etc.

Yes, the ride is actually 1.5-1.45 hours from UVF airport to the resort along narrow, mountainous roads. The helicopter ride is great, takes 10-15 minutes and yes, your luggage follows by van about 3 or so hours behind you (your hand luggage goes with you). You may or may not have to queue for the helicopter - while you have a reservation, the flights themselves are first come, first served. so, hurry out of immigration/customs to be early in the queue. Worth it - again, totally individual decision. The ride is $145-$155US pp one way (depending on route) and a taxi ride is $90US for up to 4 people (and your luggage stays with you). Some people sweat by the helicopter and others like the land transfers to see a bit of the countryside. Totally individual decision.

True - there are no TVs in the room.

Weather - yes, it is the start of the "dry season", there will be less rain and plenty of hot sunshine. There will be some showers, usually overnight, but probably some short showers during the day too.

As for Virgin vs others for offers - can't help you there, we book direct! Virgin does have reps that are around the resort usually several days a week to help with any questions, etc. Haven't seen other operators that do the same.

Good luck - hope this helps, enjoy, BH is a great resort!!

Coventry
reviews: 51
3. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Hi both, thanks for this information. It is really useful. I shall look at booking i think in the next few days...

Edited: 8:09 am, July 30, 2012
4. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Hi Caroline

Love it that you're looking to book with us in Nov. Happy to answer any questions you may have about our resort. Please email me on mark@thebodyholiday.com

Regards

Mark

PS - Virgin do good deals as they have the advantage of being able to discount the flight - all our Tour Operators have the same deal on the rooms.

Edinburgh, United...
5. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

I wish to book a fortnight at the Body Holiday for myself and my Mother.

I am looking at 10th June for 14 nights or November.

Both months are special occasions.

Are there any Body and Soul Weeks ?

I am interested especially for my Mother ‘Osteopath Joe'.

The treatments he especially offers.

I look forward to your reply.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
6. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

You may do better posting your inquiry as a new post kaz534, as this is a very old thread with very different questions than yours.

Soufriere, St. Lucia
7. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

Bon jou kaz534,

Better yet... email your questions directly to The BodyHoliday GM Mark L Francis...

mark@thebodyholiday.com.

Bless up! Paul

8. Re: The BodyHoliday - please help with some questions I have...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, January 19, 2014