We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 day forcast castries

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago
10 day forcast castries

We leave Friday, and I just did a 10 day forcast for Castries, St lucia. It is predicted rain for 8 out of the next 10 days!!! Is this normal?? I thought this was the DRY season?? I understand the southern end gets more rain all year, but its supposed to be the dry season for the north part. I hope the forcasters in St lucia are as inaccurate about predicting weather as they are here in the states. My question is, when forcasters predict rain in st lucia, is that the 10 minute tropical here and gone type, or do they mean the all day ruin your trip type?

Sanborn, NY
reviews: 1
1. Re: 10 day forcast castries

It's a tropical island. It has rain forest. Where you think it got it's name?

Seriously though... you'll see rain in the forecast for St Lucia almost all the time. Whether you'll actually SEE any of that rain is another story entirely. And often you'll get a shower that passes. This time of the year I'm not thinking you'll have too many washout days.

Go look on weather underground and look at the historical weather data for this time of year. Look at actual rainfall. I think you'll be fine.

Chicago
2. Re: 10 day forcast castries

Thanks for the encouragement. I had a feeling it would be the quick shower, no big deal type of rain. hope for the best!!

UK
3. Re: 10 day forcast castries

Think Florida. Short sharp shower then its all over for the day

Sanborn, NY
reviews: 1
4. Re: 10 day forcast castries

JJROIL,

You're also seeing a forecast for all of teh island. Pretty tough to do since the weather can be completely different from one end to the other. The south end apparently gets more rain, but... it's really different from north to south and you'll almost have to experience it to understand. It's a wonderful wonderful island and I'm sure you'll have a great time. And if the island gods decide it's time for a quick shower, enjoy it... even teh rain is nicer in St Lucia than it is up here in the northeast. Especially this time of year. :)

London, United...
reviews: 9
5. Re: 10 day forcast castries

Rain in St Lucia can be very localised - the mountainous interior gets far more than the lower lying coastal areas. Take a look at www.wunderground.com and type in Vigie for the Castries area (or Hewanorra for the south of the island).

Good luck.

Manchester UK
6. Re: 10 day forcast castries

we were there last week and had been there 14 nights and out the whole time we were ther it rained around 4 times

Wisconsin
reviews: 51
7. Re: 10 day forcast castries

I can tell you we went the first week of April last year for 8 nights. Rain was predicted for each day. I never rained a drop the entire time we were there. We were near Soufriere.

Northern NJ
reviews: 13
8. Re: 10 day forcast castries

Just got back from 5 days in St. Lucia (TiKaye). We had the same forcast (heck it's always the same forcast) and had 4 totally dry days and a fifth day that consisted of 4 hours of rain (from 2-6pm one afternoon) that the locals said was an oddly long storm.