We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Windjammer Dining

Which Castries hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edinburgh, United...
reviews: 24
Windjammer Dining

My wife to be and I are heading to Windjammer in March for our Honeymoon and the destination is going to be a suprise for her. Can anyone advise what the best restaurant on the resort for a romantic meal is? I'd rather it was inside on the first night so we don't need to worry about mossie spray.

Thanks in advance.

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 93
1. Re: Windjammer Dining

There are no "inside" restaurants as they all have outside access in some form. The one with the least access to the outside is Dragonfly. I have never been bitten while dining at any of the restaurants

For a romantic meal you could hire a chef from the resort to come to your unit, cook and have a waiter serve the meal. You can dine by candlelight either indoors or outdoors on your deck. That would be the most romantic option. If you have an enclosed unit then you won't need to worry about the mossies. If you want to do that you can contact Windjammer and they can fill you in on the details and cost.

Otherwise I would choose any of the restaurants (except Jammers) for my romantic meal. I don't really see any of the restaurants being "romantic" but others may disagree.

wimbledon, london
reviews: 30
2. Re: Windjammer Dining

For a true romantic experience head to The Cliff at Cap Maison or The Edge. It is a 15 minute taxi away, but worth it.

Edinburgh, United...
3. Re: Windjammer Dining

Thanks nevera, I've mailed the resort and put the fly swatter away.

Edinburgh, United...
4. Re: Windjammer Dining

Londonbarrister thank you too, I'll check the restaurants mentioned.

Tallahassee, Florida
reviews: 40
5. Re: Windjammer Dining

Nothing more romantic than walking down the beach at night right next door to the East Winds. The food and champagne are divine and the service is by far, the best on the island. Also, nightly low key entertainment. It is open air, but never have had problems with mosquitoes (even 2 years ago when they were just horrendous). Treat yourself, you'll enjoy it. Congratulations! We'll also be there in March. See you there.

Castries, St. Lucia
reviews: 2
6. Re: Windjammer Dining

I'd say Papa Don's , for Mediterranean Cuisine, or The Upper Deck, for steak and seafood, would be the best options. There are certainly many great local restaurants as well! Please send a note to me and we'd be happy to help with recommendations and reservations.

Warm regards,

Mark Ozawa

Managing Director

mozawa@windjammer-landing.com

Rocky Mountain...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 93
7. Re: Windjammer Dining

Cliff at Cap Maison is very romantic as is Jacques in Rodney Bay. If you are willing to go outside Windjammer they would be excellent choices for that romantic meal. Again, they are open air dining but overlook the water so there is usually a slight breeze that keeps those mossies away (plus they spray).

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 117
8. Re: Windjammer Dining

At Cap Maison now for our last night in St Lucia. Amazing menu at the Cliff. not cheap but you get what you pay for. Lovely romantic setting and they did our room with candles and flowers for our last night!

Jacques Sunday brunch is excellent with great food and a good jazz trio. Nice waterfront setting with plenty of yotti activity going on.

East winds for Friday Lobster night and Windjammers Upper Deck is good.

Spice of India in Rodney Bay for great authntic curry!

Edinburgh, United...
9. Re: Windjammer Dining

Thanks for the suggestions everyone, they are appreciated and we will be going out and about while in St.Lucia so they are all helpful.

Berkshire, England
reviews: 11
10. Re: Windjammer Dining

Hi

Saw your post last year re restaurants at Windjammers. My wife and I are going in April and I have the same questions as you had (although not our honeymoon!!). Could you perhaps share with us your findings on the various restaurants at the resort (the more honest the better). We are going AI so will probably not eat outside the resort unless the food is booring!!

Cheers

Get answers to your questions about Castries