We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Driving in St Lucia

Which St. Lucia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
pa
reviews: 15
Driving in St Lucia

Can anyone tell me if you recommend renting a vehicle in St. Lucia? It seems that most of the taxi fares are so high, it might be cheaper to rent something. We've heard the roads are treacherous and they drive on the left, so that is new for us too (americans!). We'll be staying at Marigot Bay area and want to travel to the other areas! Any suggestions would be helpful! Thanks!

Seattle
11. Re: Driving in St Lucia

You need to get a temp. license at the air port its 22.00. We rented a car for 2 days it was great till you get in to Casties. Pretty crazy. But I would do it again. LOL

Florida
reviews: 2
12. Re: Driving in St Lucia

The last time I was in St.Lucia, on a big rock wall along the side of the road into Soufriere, was painted an advertisement from a local funeral home. It pictured a big coffin and it said "We have your size!".

Everybody needs to be careful driving on this island. Please, please, if you decide to drive, do NOT enjoy the local rum punches, Piton beers, etc., until you are done driving for the day! It would be all too easy to fly right off the side of a mountain!