We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
reviews: 72
Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

We are hiring a car and staying in Laborie. Can anyone advise on the nearest petrol ( gasoline) station, the prices in ECD, and lastly whether petrol is sold in litre's or gallons. Many thanks.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
reviews: 10
1. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

Gas is priced in liters and is currently $3.41EC a liter. Most people buy by the $$ amount, ie "give me $20" or "give me $50", etc. Prices are adjusted the first week or so every month, updates can be found at www.htsstlucia.org homepage.

Closest gas station to you in Laborie proper is right on the beachfront, next to the square. It's not open all the time though. The next closest (and main) Laborie Station is on the highway at the top of the village.

There are a few stations in Vieux Fort, in Soufriere, 1 in Piaye, etc. None are open 24 hours or anything, the latest is 10 in VF. Laborie station closes 1pm on Sun.

Enjoy!

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
2. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

Reedprincess.... as always you come up with the goods. Thank you, and I owe you a drink!

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
3. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

At least a Piton!! When are you guys actually coming down? We'll be home for Dec/Christmas this year, so I'm sure we'll see you in the village.

Have a great trip!

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
4. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

I think we can stump up for a cocktail or two! We arrive next week and can't wait.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
5. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

I am sure we will meet up at some point! Laborie is hubby's home village and where I lived for 2 years too - and our very favoritist place on the island! We'll keep our eyes open for you guys - a few drinks together would be great!

BC
6. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

I read with pleasure that some forum members will meet and enjoy each others company

Messages have been sent to me suggesting a personal contact however my spouse fears that this board may be an inappropriate forum for intimate contact.

I have the names and contact information of several forum members but choose not to reply because of my spouse's concerns.

A daughter got screwed over the internet and the concerns are real.

Vieux Fort, St...
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia, Castries
reviews: 1
7. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

I can reassure you that I meet many forum members, and whilst you cant just meet people anywhere, if you were to set a time and place which is public, it is not really high risk...people here are just trying to be friendly and helpful

I have a shop in Soufriere and many forum members make a point of coming to say thank you for our contributions to the forum. I know Reedprincess well, she pops in to say hello when she is in Soufriere.

Obviously the choice to meet or not meet people is entirely yours.

BC
8. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

Thank you Debs

I am very willing to meet people in person; just not over the internet.

We have known you since you had the bird house and before you moved to your present location.

We are booked to arrive in St Lucia Dec 6. for 4 months. That will be cancelled as my spouse requires vascular surgery this winter. She has told me to come alone but I just cannot do that. She will require care.

BC
9. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

Sorry!

My grousing about social issues has nothing to do about the price of petrol.

It is expensive; about US $ 6.00 per gallon as I recall from last year.

The important thing to remember is that many gasoline/petrol stations do not accept credit cards. Make sure that you have plenty of cash when fueling.

kent
Destination Expert
for Kent
10. Re: Price of petrol ( gasoline?)

Deepglory.... thank you for the tip about using cash instead of credit cards, much appreciated.

As for the costs per gallon... WOW! a bargain compared to the UK.