We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

Which St. Jean hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Haven...
reviews: 62
where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

Can someone give an overview of where on the island is the most desirable to rent a villa? We would like to be near a snorkeling beach, and preferably walking distance to a good swimming beach. Are there any villas on a beach? Also, can anyone recommend any reputable rental agents? Thanks so much

New York City, New...
reviews: 21
1. Re: where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

Very few villas for rent on the beach, most are high up. I would be open to both options. I think you might like either St. Jean or Flamands.

If you are looking at villas-contact my agent. We go twice a year for the last 15 years and we change villas all the time-and loved each. She is GREAT!!!

Contact her at virginia@cvrandr.com or 508-221-5780-mobile.

She helps us with the villa, car, dinners, and just well, EVERYTHING!!

Have a great time!

Edited: 2:20 pm, September 05, 2010
Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
reviews: 16
2. Re: where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

There are many reputable agencies that handle vills both on the island and with bases in the US or abroad. I recommend you contact all of the agencies with your dates, price range and villa specification to see what is available. Then come back to this or the other SBH forums for further info.

Major villa agencies include (in no order):

Marla

WIMCO/ Sibarth

St Barth Properties

Ici et La

French Caribbean International

The number of beach villas is limited due to the fact that many beaches are undeveloped. Since the island is only 8 sq miles no place is really far. Snorkeling is not great in but there are a few places. We like Colombier but is is only accessible by a hike or boat ride.

I recommend you find a villa in your price range that supplies the amenities you deem most important and go from there.

Villa shopping is one of the most fun parts of planning a vacation to SBH...at least in my opinion. Have fun and come back with more questions.

mb

London
reviews: 33
3. Re: where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

I am using St Barts Blue for our trip next May - I found them to be really efficient and professional: www.stbartsblue.com

Also look at:

islandhideaways.com

caribeanwave.com

vrbo.com

wimco.com

Atlanta,GA
reviews: 1
4. Re: where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

Agree to be near Flamands or St.Jean and I'd add Lorient.

Flamands has the advantage of being able to hike to nearby Colombier beach, which many consider the islands best snorkeling. You may consider a boat trip to island Forchue as well.

We done both and prefer owner-direct but if you pick an agent be certain to ask about their on-island presence and fees.

Edited: 9:10 am, September 15, 2010
5. Re: where to rent villa, villa agents and also snorkeling

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:19 am, March 15, 2011