We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

Which St. Jean hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cresskill, New...
reviews: 7
Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

I've posted before about my upcoming Honeymoon in June, 2010. Can't wait! I have spoken to a few people and received many great suggestions. Doing 7 nights in Cap Juluca in Anguilla and 7 nights in St. Barths. The biggest thing I now need help with is selecting the perfect Villa. Please let me know your thoughts on the following Villas: Piment; Leana; Hilly; Lumiere; Mouina; Villa Santal; Villa La Baleine; Les Acajous; Bonbonniere; Flammands Blue. Piment is #1 right now..

Other Details: 1) Price range for 1 week: Needs to be in the $2,500 - $4,000 range (it's off season so doable); 2) 1 bedroom is fine; 3) Must have a great pool, preferably a juccizzi; 4) Must have TV, Internet, nice Kitchen; 5) Prefer it be close to a great beach (short drive or long walk okay) Flamands, Anse des Cayes etc....

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 9
1. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

I stayed in Lumiere this past July. It's very beautiful, but not completely private and a lot of construction around it....but I would stay there again. I hate to even recommend this one as I am looking at June 2010 too (but I'll share since it's your honeymoon!), look at Villa PRA through Wimco. It's completely private, incredible views and emenities, and if you love to cook like I do, an excellent kitchen. The other bonus is that you can close up all the doors and have A/C throughout. Lumiere also has a wonderful kitchen too. Lumiere wins also in the pool category (saltwater pool!)...but the pool area is not that private. They both have internet and US satellite. Also, look at Villa BBK. VERY Private, but up in the hills and the kitchen isn't for gourmets. As far as beach access, both PRA and Lumiere are about a 10 minute walk...but we always drove due to all the equipment. Good luck!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 16
2. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

I haven't stayed at any on your list but did visit Leana. The bathroom is not ensuite and not convenient to the bedroom, if that matters. I think the pool would be cool as well, due to its location relative to the sun. It is a very pretty villa, though, and nicely appointed. The glass shower is beautiful.

It would be worth noting that convenience to the beach should not be a deal-breaker. One of the best things about St Barth are the many undeveloped beaches that are not convenient to any villas. The island is only 8 sq miles so no place is really far. The most remote villas are also the most private and have the best views. Just a thought....

Villa shopping is my favorite part of planning. Have fun and don't obsess on it, you will have a great time!

Cresskill, New...
3. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

Thank you both! I am for sure not going to eliminate a place just because we'd need to drive to the beach. I agree. Please do keep suggesting places I did not add to my list...I"m open! I'll be talking to a Rep from both WIMCO and St Barths Properties today. Can't wait to hear more!!! Thanks everyone.

New York City, New...
reviews: 21
4. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

This year for June I would look at other options, those are okay villas, but with that budget and low season you could maybe get an A + villa!!!

Many larger villas have bedroom rates-so a 4 bedroom villa might have a 1 bedroom rate in Low Season-you don't share the villa, they just lock off the other bedrooms.

Going to be a great trip!

Cresskill, New...
5. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

UPDATE: Thank you all for the replies and uggestions. I am now working with an agent from WIMCO and I am looking at the following Villas closely. Let me know if you are familiar with any of these! Thanks!

1) SIB AUM; 2) SIB MAG; 3) SIB BON; 4) SIB FLO;

Atlanta,GA
reviews: 1
6. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

We know Luminaire, yes, lots of construction nearby and it's on a well used commericial road.

Flamands Blue is pristine, and a short walk down the sidewalk to the nicest beach on the island. We've heard it gets many honeymooners.

They own to the top of the hillside so no one looks down on you. The views are gorgeous.

La Baliene has awesome views and a nice owner but it's a long way from the beach and a little more isolated. Decorated in an older, darker style.

Regardless of where you pick it's a good idea to be a little high and up of the beach that time of year since there will be less breeze.

New York
reviews: 32
7. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

i too am looking into a villa. anyone have any reviews of MAG? thanks

New York
reviews: 32
8. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

wanted to add:

what areas would you recommend. i am being shown villas in St. Jean, Gouvenuer and Gustavia, as well as Pointe Milou. We would like to have views, and not be too far from restaurants and beaches. i guess to beaches we can drive a bit further. but for restaurants, we do not want to be driving a lot after dinner at night.

we prefer the more modern villas, and would like to keep it under $500/night.

Atlanta,GA
reviews: 1
9. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

Just from the photos MAG is in Lorient...looks like a long way from the beach, across the road. If you consider this one I'd ask what is arround it--how private?

Also---it looks very open but are there any screens? Something to consider.

Good villas can fill that time of year so I'd think about wrapping up your search soon whereever you decide.

Severn
reviews: 5
10. Re: Honeymoon June 2010: Villa Ideas that meet the following...

As a previous poster mentioned, most of the villas of St. Barts are "open air," a wonderful concept, but not so terrific when the mosquitoes have run of the house. We found this to be a deterrent from enjoying the open-air living room (with the large screen TV,) the kitchen (making cooking very uncomfortable if not impossible,) and dining areas of the home. We have stayed in two different villas, Enfin and Mimosa, and both had the same design. We utilized all available sprays, candles (many, many candles,) lotions, etc., to no avail.

The island is a wonderful vacation spot and I would definitely recommend it for a honeymoon - just wanted to point these things out.

Also be aware that "jacuzzi" does not necessarily mean "heated." It may just be a jetted outdoor spa.

Laura