We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

St Barts

Which Gustavia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
wATERVILLE, OHIO...
reviews: 13
St Barts

Am staying at the Westin in St Maarten 1-5- thru 1=12. Want to go to St. Barts. I have multiple ways to get there. I do not want to go by bus hahah But Would like suggestions on a reasonable way to get back and worth. m only staying for the day. Any suggestions on Beaches and shopping for the day along with eating, reasonably

Eve

Vancouver, Canada
reviews: 52
1. Re: St Barts

Flights will be expensive at this late date....

Check here for ferries....

st-barths.com/en/ferries-from-st-marteen-to-…

uk
reviews: 167
2. Re: St Barts

I would suggest flying there and back in a day using st barths commuter from the airport in Grand Case - flights still available for under 70 euros each day, 10 minute flight, and you could spend much of the day either at St Jean beach (walkable from the airport) or visit Gustavia to eat/shop.

Yes, you'll need do drive/taxi to the airport on St Martins, but for a day trip flying makes sense and you get wonderful views.

Edited: 5:39 am, January 01, 2013
Namur, Belgium
reviews: 14
3. Re: St Barts

Ferries depart from Bobby's Marina in Pointe Blanche several times a day. (One departs at 9:30 am and there's one back to Sint Maarten at 6:30 pm, reservation necessary at the office of Great Bay Express near the Marina)

The trip to St Barths takes about 40 minutes and costst about 70 dollar round trip. Since it is peak season, make sure you can rent a car or decide where you would like to go and arrange a taxi. Without transportation, you'll be stuck in Gustavia. Shopping there is expensive, but it's fun to watch people from a café such as the Bar de l'oublie opposite the overhyped "le select" place. Enjoy! Don't forget your passport since you'll be crossing borders and need to check out in SXM and check in again in Saint Barths.

Namur, Belgium
4. Re: St Barts

This is the site of the ferry company:

http://www.greatbayferry.com/

wATERVILLE, OHIO...
5. Re: St Barts

thanks for the great info. I would not taken my passport, so THANKS> I will try and rent a car. Any suggesions, should I do it on line., or wait till I get to St. Barts. If I take the ferry from the Marina, is the car rental places there or do I have to get somewhere else. Thanks

Eve

Media, Pa
reviews: 34
6. Re: St Barts

Eve- are you from Waterville, NH? If so, the couple that runs the bookstore there are St Barts veterans and can give you lots of hints. I would take the plane from Grand Case - 10 minute flight. The airport at St Barts has all the rentals but I would rent ahead- try this link

http://www.gumbs-car-rental.com/eng/

Namur, Belgium
7. Re: St Barts

Definitely arrange a car before you go there, otherwise you run a very high risk of not being able to rent anything there. I guess it's the season. We went there yesterday, this was anything but a typical day I guess with all the people getting ready to party into the new year. This is the site of the office du tourisme: http://www.saintbarth-tourisme.com/

They have an office in the harbor, if you turn right after you have passed immigration, it's about 200-300 meter, next to the water.

I didn't see a rental place in Gustavia, but after they told me there were no rentals available, I kind of stopped looking for them...

wATERVILLE, OHIO...
8. Re: St Barts

Waterville ohio. thanks for the inof I do appreciate it

Eve

wATERVILLE, OHIO...
9. Re: St Barts

tried the car rental site could not access it. Will try tomorrow maybe closed today related to the holiday thanks for the infor

Eve

wATERVILLE, OHIO...
10. Re: St Barts

any suggestion related to just renting a driver for some of the day to take us around the inland then spending the rest of the day in town shopping and eating? Anyone know anyone I can contact?

Eve

Get answers to your questions about Gustavia