We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

June 23rd - June 29th

Which Gustavia hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
June 23rd - June 29th

Hello Everyone,

I have been working on booking my first trip to St. Barts for June. I am currently looking at different hotel options. One that has gotten good reviews, not too many reviews are recent, is Hotel Baie Des Anges. Does anyone have any additional thoughts about it? How about the area?

I am open to any other location suggestions. I would really like to keep the cost per night to under 300 Euros (Hotel Baie Des Anges is in the 180-300 range for non-packages). We plan to spend most of our time on the beaches and exploring the island, so prefer to save money on a room and have it to use elsewhere.

Andy

Atlanta,GA
reviews: 1
1. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

We're familiar with this hotel:

pros: location--- right on beautiful Flamands Beach, can fit your budget needs if that's a big issue.

cons: hotel & pool are built tightly right arround the restaurant, no privacy especially in the lower priced rooms that overlook the restaurant--- open every afternoon and evening. From what we could see it's manily an older/French crowd I would assume that all rooms are smoking.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
reviews: 16
2. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Janey has it right except I would not be so sure all the rooms are smoking. The owner is very nice, she helped us when we lost our keys in the surf...called our rental car company and let us hang out until they showed up. We also ate in the restaurant a few trips ago. While it is close to the rooms it is small.

If I was to stay there I would try for one of the beachfront rooms anyway, to be right on the water. Flammands is a beautiful beach with big surf. Great to walk in the morning. There are a few other restaurants in the immediate area and a small grocer.

Others to consider are Auberge de Petite Anse and Petit Morne, two other small, family owned hotels with very reasonable rates.

http://www.auberge-petite-anse.com/

http://www.timorne.com/

Note I have not stayed in either but know people who have that vouch for them being clean with basic ammenities.

Edited: 8:43 pm, March 10, 2010
New York
3. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Thank you both for the advice. Can you give me a little more information about where both Auberge de Petite Anse and Petit Morne are located? Was looking at their websites, but don't have a good sense of where they are.

Thanks again

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
reviews: 16
4. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Petite Anse is right near the end of Flammands Beach about a stone's throw from Baie des Anges. P'tit Morne is on the road to the Colombier peak and looks out over Flammands Beach.

There are other small hotels on the island as well. Saline Garden's gets good reviews but I think the location is out of the way and has neither beach or views.

Hotel Normandie is in Lorient, walking distance to a beach, a few shops and restaurants and has a cool vibe. It is American owned and recently redone so has modern ammenties. We know the owners and they are great.

Les Moulettes is RIGHT on Lorient beach. They are small cottages with kitchenettes.

Tropical and Village St Jean are both above St Jean (the town and beach) so in a more developed area than all of the above. They may be slightly higher in price than the others I mentioned. Also Islet de Plage is right on St Jean beach, not sure of prices there either...

And then, you could consider a villa, thereby opening up tons more options!

Atlanta,GA
5. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Very good low cost options, if ocean views and privacy is not important, you can do better in terms of price. Since you are going in June the ocean will typically be a little calmer. Places down low can be hotter (less breeze) = more skeeters, particulary since it's been a very long time since the island's vegitation has been stripped by a hurricane. Our experience (we now stay at a villa) is that low end hotels are often rented by Europeans who tend to take longer vacations, with more smokers and don't care about screens as much as visitors from the US.

Edited: 9:13 am, March 11, 2010
Irvington
reviews: 3
6. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Have you checked out Emeraude Plage on the beach in St. Jean? It's literally on the beach. The rooms are very chic and comfortable. It does not have a pool or restaurant but does have a little "tikki" bar on the sand that serves breakfast. Also, the location is ideal. Within walking distance to some fantastic restaurants and great shopping, boulangerie, etc...

Eindhoven, The...
7. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Why not try a rental villa?

A lot of three bedroom villas can be rented with one bedroom. Can be cheaper than a hotel.

These villas often have hotel service, so clean towels and clean bathroom every day. You have more privacy and a private pool.

Some villas are expensive, but if you look good it can be ok.

good luck!

Tom

P.S. we stayed in a hotel the first time. Afterwards twice in villa and this year will be a villa as well.

New York
8. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

Thanks for all of the advice, have decided to stay at a villa, Flamands Blue (http://www.stbartsvilla.com/). Even though our trip is a few months away, we are already counting down the days.

9. Re: June 23rd - June 29th

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, September 28, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Gustavia