We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off the beaten path!

Palm Beach, Florida
reviews: 8
Off the beaten path!

Hi! My husband and I are going to be back in St. Barths for the second time this June - even though we only have been once (for our honeymoon :-)), we feel like we really got a good grasp on the island. We are huge foodies and made our way around the restaurants, found our favorite beaches, etc. but I'm wondering - where are the amazing spots outside of restaurants, stores, etc. that we need to see? For example, I just learned about the natural pools - that will definitely be on our list for this trip! What about spots that have the best view of the sunset? Or a hidden picnic spot, trails, etc. We would love your input on any 'hidden gems' that you'd be willing to give up! :-) Basically, anything not listed on the typical tourist agenda! (although this may be difficult as it is not a big island!)

Thanks so much for your help in advance!

13 replies to this topic
Palm Beach, Florida
11. Re: Off the beaten path!

I haven't actually been to them yet - apparently you get to them via Grand Fond...it sounds like quite the adventure to find them. You will come across the "Washing Machine", then after that, the pools. I've also read that if you continue on, you will reach some cliffs that you can jump from and land in the deep pools. I'm not going until June, but will definitely post on my experience!!

Palm Beach, Florida
12. Re: Off the beaten path!

Thank you!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 15
13. Re: Off the beaten path!

You reach the natural pools and washing machine from Grand Fond. Upon entering the beach you will turn right and walk to the end. Climb up the hill (you'll see a goat path) and walk along the cliffs until you come to the washing machine. There is a small beach you can climb down to, but I would advise not getting in the water too far (the surf if rough here). Continue on to the natural pools. You can also climb down to these to take a swim, but beware of sea urchins. Waterproof sandals or surf shoes are advised. This is a fun walk but wear sturdy shoes and bring water.

Amyy, if you are thinking of this cliff jump:

https://www.youtube.com/watch…

its not by the natural pools, but in the other direction past Toiny. I believe you have to make a long hike and cross private ground. St Barth Easy Time (with Helene Bernier) can lead you there but I heard she is on hiatus for a while.

Reply to: Off the beaten path!
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted