We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Budget, low key hotel advice?

Washington DC...
reviews: 3
Budget, low key hotel advice?

Hello! We are traveling over from SXM for 2 nights and are looking for any advice on where to stay. We don't need/want to be in the center of it all, but be somewhat convenient, and are ok with basic. Just want to relax with good food and drink and be somewhere clean, safe and nice. Does anyone have opinions b/t Salines Gardens Cottages, Normandie Hotel, or Fleur de lune? they all seem to be within 20 euro of each other and comparable. thanks!!!

New York City, New...
reviews: 22
1. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

Le Village St. Jean is my favorite choice.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 15
2. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

I am not familiar with Fleur de Lune but would pick Normandie Hotel over Saline Gardens for a more convenient location since your trip is short. There are several restaurants, stores and a beach in walking distance. The area around Saline Gardens is very rural, but it is close to a great beach. With either I would highly recommend a car.

Le Village and Tropical in St Jean would also be good choices, as would Sunset in Gustavia as they all are very close to many restaurants and shops. Just to muddy the waters even more, Auberge Petit Anse is also budget, clean and near two great beaches (Colombier and Flammands.)

Washington DC...
3. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

Ty for the advice! Tropical land le village both look great! Fleur de lune can be found here: saintbarthgitefleurdelune.com/default.html

they are all comparable in price, but fleur de lune has a car included for 300 euro for 2 days, where the cheapest room at village is 272 without a car included.

We like the beach but also are getting a car to explore the island. would like to be convenient location but not on crowded, touristy areas or beaches.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 15
4. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

I did check out the Fleur de Lune website and it looks beautiful. Its very close to Saline Gardens and if it comes with a car that is a great deal. I don't know of anyone who stayed there so if you do, please report back.

St Barth is very small so no where is really inconvenient, just maybe more isolated. If you have a car you can stay at any location. You would also have to really look hard to find a place that is crowded and touristy, especially in low season.

I see from your other posts that you are a St Martin regular. We look forward to hearing your comparisons. Have a great trip!

Washington DC...
5. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

They have a more basic room with car for only 110 euro (the 300 was for a one br cottage) with car included so we're definitely going to do that! we figure a little bit of of porential driving is worth saving some $$ that we can spend there.

We do love SXM, this is our 3rd year in a row. the trip to st barts will mix it up a bit and give us a chance to explore but still hit the places we love.

TY for your help!

NY
6. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

From what I can see of your likes and dislikes in Saint Martin, you will love Saint Barth. Please make sure to report back. Also, if you have flexibility, you may think about adding a day to your SBH trip.

7. Re: Budget, low key hotel advice?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 pm, June 22, 2013