We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Toronto,Canada
reviews: 9
Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Looking for advice on these 2 properties. They are the only 2 properties i have found under 200Euros for a February vacation that we have planned. The photos don't look that great, especially the Auberge de la Petite Anse, but Tripadvisor reviews don't seem too bad for either place. I am not looking for 5star service and amenities but i MUST have at least a comfy bed with decent sheets and a clean room in general. Just find that for the money, the hotels don't seem all that nice. Anyone have any experience with these places to help us out?

MD
reviews: 11
1. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Have you considered the Normandie Hotel? It is under 200 Euro and is supposed to be a wonderful little place for the price.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 15
2. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Both of the properties you mention are very basic but will be clean and well kept. My experience with the Caribbean (and Europe) is that generally the beds are harder than I am accustom to. The mattresses we have had in SBH are more like futons and usually do not have a box spring or pillow top. The one exception was a villa owned by an American.

I have visited the Normandie and seen the rooms. They are small but well appointed and look more upscale the other two. However, the other choices will have spectacular views.

Another point of fact: Auberge and Normandie are both walking distance to a beach. P'tit Morne is not.

Toronto,Canada
reviews: 9
3. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

I will check out the Normandie as well. We are only planning to go to St.Barts for 3 nights because the rest of the time will be in St.Martin but we were only able to acquire the property we want for 4 of the 7 nights we are in St.Martin so we just thought we will go to St.Barts for the first 3 nights but now that we see what you get for the money, we will probably reconsider and possibly stay at a hotel in Dutch St.Maarten or visit another nearby island such as Saba or Nevis. I heard Anguilla is just as expensive as St.Barts so wont even bother checking there.

NY
4. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

You will have a pleasant stay at Both hotels. Both locations are spectacular. Other inexpensive options you could look into are:

- Les Mouettes

- Baie des Anges

- Salines Gardens

I highly recommend any of these.

In general, you will notice that accomodations in Saint Barth will be very basic for the $ you spend. People come to SBH for the whole island -- beaches, restaurants, shopping, beautiful scenery, everything open and easily accessible, spirit, etc. It is very different from most carribean island where you tend to spend all of your time in the hotel or house where you are staying, because of difficult transportation, private beaches, and security concerns. In SBH, you spend very little time in your room. The whole island is the resort.

That being said, it is not for everyone.

Illinois City...
reviews: 4
5. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

We have stayed at Ptit twice and have enjoyed our stay both times. The staff are supurb and the views are amazing. Rooms are clean and kept up. Nice breeze also.

Brazil
6. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Hi, I was looking for more information about the other "inexpensive options" you listed, but the Baie des Anges site shows quite fancy rooms, no?

(http://hotel-baie-des-anges.com).

They don't show rates though, so do you have any notion of their price?

thanks!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St Barthelemy
reviews: 15
7. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

You are right that Baie des Anges is in a higher class than the others in is thread. The rooms are not as hi end as many on the island, but a step up from Auberge and P'Tit.

Saratoga Springs...
reviews: 5
8. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Hello there! I understand you have stayed at Le P'tit Morne before. My husband and I are going there at the end of May and I was interested in finding out how well equipped the kitchen is...Plates, forks, knives, wine glasses etc? How about spices and pots, pans? Is it pretty manageable to cook a lot of meals in? we will try to cook a lot while there since weare on a budget. Your help is well appreciated! Thank you!

columbus
reviews: 12
9. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

stbarthcommuter.com/villa/Malacca_apartment.…

I have not visited this property, but the price is certainly within most people's budget and a Gustavia location is desirable. I believe the owner works for St. Barth Commuter Airlines or is somehow affiliated with them, and it is advertised on their web page. B

Atlanta,GA
reviews: 1
10. Re: Hotel Stay-Auberge de la Petite Anse or Le P'Tit Morne?

Have stayed at both:

Kitchens at Auberge/Petite Morne are TINY, & can be a little rusted---forget cooking much in.

Nice views and good location (Auberge, at the end of Flamands is better)---bring your own bedding if you are concerned-- these are extreme LOW budget options for St Barth.

Edited: 10:56 am, April 18, 2013