We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should I cut out more of my St Maarten trip for Saba?

Duluth, MN
reviews: 10
Should I cut out more of my St Maarten trip for Saba?

I'll be in St Maarten for a week (solo) and I'm planning to go to Saba for one overnight during that time. Should I rethink this and stay at Saba longer?

Maine
reviews: 21
1. Re: Should I cut out more of my St Maarten trip for Saba?

I think the two are vastly different places. We spent a week on Saba without diving and a day in St Maarten on either side because you kind of have to. If you enjoy diving, day hikes. And walking around in quaint picturesque villages without noise, crowds, and safety concerns, Saba is worth as many days as you have. If you like crowds, activities, bar scenes, etc you may be bored on Saba.

Ottawa, Canada
reviews: 69
2. Re: Should I cut out more of my St Maarten trip for Saba?

I was in St Maarten for 10 days (solo) and then went to Saba for 2 nights with a full dive day in between. Was a perfect "rest" after St. Maarten, and could have easily stayed another day or two.

As I'm sure you're aware, it's MUCH lower key and more relaxed, totally different vibe... yet very easy to meet all sorts of people... I didn't read a page of my book on Saba :)

Duluth, MN
reviews: 10
3. Re: Should I cut out more of my St Maarten trip for Saba?

It sounds like our trips are similar. That was the idea behind my wanting to go to Saba for part of the trip. My trip is only 7 nights, but I'm almost set on the idea of being on Saba for two of them. Thanks!

4. Re: Should I cut out more of my St Maarten trip for Saba?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, November 27, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Saba