We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

Houston
reviews: 21
Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

In addtion to the planes, I understand that there is (or was) a helicopter company available. Does anyone know if this is still available and how much it cost?

Does anyone know if there is a sailboat to rent for a day (bareboat preferred)? We (4 of us) always like to take a sailboat day trip. We are ASA certified.

TIA

Maple Glen, Pa.
1. Re: Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

I'm not sure if you can charter a helicopter from Antigua, but here is a link to their website...http://www.caribbeanhelicopters.com/

I don't know of any sailboat rentals, but consider contacting Troy at the Greem Monkey Dive shop. He would know.

Good luck.

Houston
2. Re: Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

Just in case anyone was interested, I did find a place to charter a helicopter. It's twice as much as the flights (which for some people is no big deal).

I'll contact Tony to see about the sail rental.

Montserrat
reviews: 1
3. Re: Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

Greetings! There are no sailboat rentals on Montserrat, unfortunately. One option, however, is to contact On Deck Sailing in Antigua. They do sometimes charter over to Montserrat. I don't know the schedule or pricing, but perhaps you can kill two birds with one stone and charter a sailboat to get here. See you in October!

Houston
4. Re: Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

Thanks!

Lexington, Kentucky
5. Re: Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

We have another trip planned already for next March! I love coming here just to get excited about going. Montserrat is my favorite place I've even been to.

6. Re: Not going until Oct, but, hey, anticipation is part of it!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:17 pm, July 09, 2013