We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

Mackenzie, Canada
reviews: 108
We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

We chose Gingerbread Hill to stay, based on the reviews here. Looking forward to it! We booked a flight with Montserrat Air from Antigua, as the ferry looked a bit unreliable (heavy seas, etc), and would mean a longer wait getting through Customs, and might be tricky to find.

Looking forward to to hopefully hearing from some people who have been there for some tips, suggestions, warnings, etc.

Thanks!

Mackenzie, Canada
1. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

Oh, do I need a power converter AND an adapter for charging electronic devices (camera, etc), or just an adapter?

Maple Glen, Pa.
2. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

No special adapter or power converter is needed if you are from the States.

Edited: 8:22 am, August 23, 2011
Mackenzie, Canada
3. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

No? Ok, thanks!!

Rochester NY
reviews: 25
4. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

We stayed 2 nights at Gingerbread Hill last November, great time and people. Do the Green Monkey tour of the volcano from the sea and then Sun has a great land tour, ask Clover to arrange these things for you.

http://community.webshots.com/user/kagjjg

South Jersey
reviews: 8
5. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

Definitely do the tour with Troy of Plymouth. It's incredible. We also went diving with him. Email him before you head down though. I know at one point he was contemplating moving off island due to all the updates to Little Bay. He can also taxi you over to Rendevous Bay (unless you want to hike it 45 mins uphill and back) or rent you kayaks. The restaraunt right behind the dive shop has really good food too.

Spend a day or two or three at Woodlands Beach. You will have it entirely to yourself. Bring snorkel gear and maybe an umbrella and pack a cooler lunch. There are outdoor showers and lots and lots of snorkeling to do a little walk down the beach due to a huge rock field. I saw an octopus on the first day.

Don't plan on spending too much time at the Observatory. It has a nice view and some interesting things but it's quite small and the woman who worked inside was surprisingly pretty rude.

Montserrat is a wonderful place and you'll love it. Just don't expect a Sandals type experience. And enjoy the flight! it's a tight squeeze but it's an experience you'll never forget!

Mackenzie, Canada
6. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

Getting close, now!

Thanks for the comments, that helps alot..

leicester
7. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

You will love Monserrat!!!!!!! My daughter is visiting with her father on 9th February, his family have a villa called ' Glor-na-mara' in Old Towne which they bought many years ago and know the island like the back of there hand.

It is a beautiful, stress free island. Locals are wonderful.

Have a wonderful time

regards

Julie

Mackenzie, Canada
8. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

One week to go! Been packing and repacking and making lists for a month!! Hasn't made the time go by any faster, unfortunately.. :(

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 15
9. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

When you return please let us know how your trip went. My husband and I are thinking about visiting over Christmas/New Years but there's not a lot of info out there. Have fun!!!

Mackenzie, Canada
10. Re: We're booked for 2 weeks in Feb 2012, 1st timers..

Thanks!

I'll post an extensive trip report with pics!

Edited: 12:04 pm, February 08, 2012