We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Iowa
reviews: 1
Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Hi,

I just saw in my TV guide that there is a program about a couple buying a home on Vieques. It is on HGTV at 7:30 Central Time. I think the program is called Caribbean Life.

18 replies to this topic
Caguas, Puerto Rico
reviews: 11
1. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Thanks for the update. Will keep an eye on my clock, 8:30 eastern time.

Tennessee
reviews: 4
2. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

I saw it tonight.

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
3. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Kind of funny ... some of the stock "Caribbean island" footage they used during the show was not even shot on Vieques ... soaring, lush green mountains along the coast ... "Rhino Boat" tours (I believe that was from St Martaan) ... and the steel drum music in the background ....

Vieques
reviews: 27
4. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

I did not notice the foreign footage in the body of the show but did see it in the introduction. BUT HGTV does take a lot of liberties with the truth. The real story is even more interesting There are actually two identical houses on the property they bought and they are now vacation rentals called Bodhi Playa. One of the women has a PHD in sustainability and the houses that they completly redid are very green! They are super nice and have jumped feet first into the community and among other things have breathed much needed new life into our Humane Soceity.

Vieques
reviews: 27
5. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

We do actually have a steel drum tradition on Vieques. here is a huge interaction between Vieques and St Croix and a lot of families have members on both islands.There is a group of older men who all learned steel drums when they were young and they get together and play. One of them has started a steel drum band for youngsters and they are terrific.

Worcester...
reviews: 20
6. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

wholegrain. Do you happen to have any contact info for this group of steal drum players?

7. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Hi! Hope to catch the show, thank goodness for sat. Tv! Coming to viewues in June, very excited. Would like to see Culebra, what is the best way to get there. I understand a ferry no longer runs between the two....muchos gracias!

8. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Hi! Hope to catch the show, thank goodness for sat. Tv! Coming to viewues in June, very excited. Would like to see Culebra, what is the best way to get there. I understand a ferry no longer runs between the two....muchos gracias!

9. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

Do they play at certain times or places, wiuld love to catch them while we r there!

Wisconsin
reviews: 2
10. Re: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday

What show was it?

Reply to: Vieques on HGTV tonight Sunday
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques