We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis...
reviews: 11
Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

My fiance and I are planning to have a destination wedding in PR in December and want to have a brief 3-4 day honeymoon in Vieques afterward to get a different experience from the wedding. Ideally, we would be walking distance to Esperanza and Sun Bay/Media Luna/Navio beaches, but we are planning to rent a car so we can get by if we aren't. We are looking at Inn on the Blue Horizon for lodging during our trip - but wondered if there were other rentals and options we just weren't aware of. Privacy, great service and beautiful, romantic accommodations are a must! Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

Washington, DC
reviews: 5
1. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

My advice - repeated many times here by others - don't limit yourself to a place within walking distance to Esperanza (or anywhere else). Try this: go any site with vacation rental listings (here on TA or VRBO, Homeaway, etc.) and use the filters to narrow your search (among the properties listed for Vieques). You can set an upper limit on price then click on the "must have" amenities you want - pool, a/c, WiFi, etc. Then browse among the choices that meet your criteria. Read the reviews and when you've narrowed it down to one or two post them here and ask for feedback.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
reviews: 13
2. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

Have you checked at the W Retreat in Vieques. It is not walking distance, but does has the amenities you are looking for.

Indiana
reviews: 7
3. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

Go up into the hills. You'll have more privacy, a bigger place and much nicer furnishings. I echo what ViequesGuy said. Check out the larger rental sites and use the filters. Narrow it down to a few and come back here and ask for feedback.

:-)

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
reviews: 34
4. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

when you say privacy, do you mean in you want your room to be private and away from the other rooms in a hotel or guesthouse? or do you mean you want your guesthouse to be private and away from other places?

In on the Blue Horizon is a nice place, but it isn't really walking distance. especially at night on those roads. the guesthouse in Esperanza are mostly going to be close together and not too private. if you have a car, I on the B H is nice, so is Hector's by the Sea. And theyre both romantic. so is The W.

Renting your own home would give you privacy and romance, but no one would be there to serve you and clean up after you. but it is nice to be totally private, with a pool especially

Saint Louis...
5. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

ViequesGuy - I took your advice and I'm back with more specific options :). Right now, we're trying to choose between:

- Inn on the Blue Horizon

- Oreanda

- Colores del Mar

All very different options, but have appealing aspects to them. I'm torn on location - north shore, mountains or south shore? We are getting a car, so it sounds like wherever we go it won't be too far away.

Any opinions on these spots? Any similar places we should consider instead?

Thanks again for taking the time!

Washington, DC
reviews: 5
6. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

Great job! Did you also look at Hacienda Tamarindo? I know that place gets consistent rave reviews.

To get more feedback on your choices you might want to start a new thread titled some like "Feedback needed" followed by the 3 places you're considering. Then forum reader who've stayed in one of your places might more likely weigh in with an opinion.

Saint Louis...
7. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

thanks for the tip - this is my first forum post, so appreciate the insight! By they way - any thoughts on those options? I have heard good things about Hacienda Tamarindo and Hector's by the Sea - but have heard back from these three that my dates are open so thought I'd start there!! Thanks!

Worcester...
reviews: 20
8. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

We stopped at Hacienda Tamarindo while we were there, and were actually not too impressed. Maybe it is just because we prefer the privacy of a rental. There were a dozen people by the pool maybe, and handful in the lobby. Almost too crowded from what we are use to in Vieques...as ridiculous as that sounds! We did not see a rooms at either locations, but I also felt the Inn on the Blue Horizon had a MUCH better view and grounds lay out. The pool at Blue was much closer to the ocean.

Saint Louis...
9. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

Thanks for the input! I think we've narrowed it down to Inn on the Blue Horizon and Colores del Mar -- so the big decision becomes whether we want a hotel with a nice pool on the water or a rental house in the hills... we love the privacy of the rental but the views and pool at Blue Horizon look great too. Decisions, decisions.

Worcester...
reviews: 20
10. Re: Romantic honeymoon accommodations in Vieques

Is being close to Isabel or Esperanza important? The two are also in almost completely opposite locations on the island.