We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paella at Belly Buttons

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Missouri
reviews: 20
Paella at Belly Buttons

OMG, we went to Belly Buttons last night for Paella by Waldo (every Wednesday night). It was sooo much fun. We had breakfast yesterday at BB and saw the sign for that evening. Wanted to post on the forum if you are planning on going, call ahead for reservations. It doesn't say anything on the sign about reservations, so we just showed up. Luckily we were early and got in, but many people were turned away. Waldo is so entertaining, it is like watching a live cooking show. He made seafood paella in a big skillet over a Weber kettle right out front where you can watch him. The paella was excellent, shrimp, fish, mussels, they served it up with a delicious salad, with passion fruit dressing, and garlic bread. This was by far the most fun meal we have had all week.

Isla de Vieques...
reviews: 76
11. Re: Paella at Belly Buttons

Thank you for the kind words, Waldo

I enjoy cooking paellas like it supposed to be, fresh, in front of you were you can watch me do it step by step. I bet like no other restaurant anywhere were they serve prefab paellas. Take advantage of the owners ingenuity and come any Wednesday night but please call ahead, it helps judge the expected crowd so we don't have to turn you away . See you soon

Vieques
12. Re: Paella at Belly Buttons

Waldo what are the ingredients in your paella do you put scallops clams or lobster and do you cook Portuguese style or Spanish style from Spain

Isla de Vieques...
13. Re: Paella at Belly Buttons

hi:

Spain conquered and the abandoned Puerto /rico after 500 hundred years of colonization, then came the US in 1998 till today... add it up....now do you really think we make a portugueese or spanish paella ?

we make a better one, sorry if you disagree.....why? because we use better and more seasoning ingredients...

Do I add lobster to my paellas?, no. do you want it in yours? I'll add it but you will pay for it....you see; you do not get lobster in the spanish paellas..You get "langostinos" but there is a trick, you see, there is less meat in a langostino than a healthy shrimp.... let me tell you something...lobsters were meant to be eaten broiled and with garlic butter...I have 9 ingredients which no other rest has any part of the world, I will challenge anyone........really,,,unless they start adding the broth and the rice as an ingredient...come a check it out....I'll take the challenge....

Edited: 8:34 pm, March 16, 2014
Isla de Vieques...
14. Re: Paella at Belly Buttons

I forgot...no in a $16.95 paella plate there are no scallops, order a private paella in your villa and you get ALL you want...for a little extra, but you are going to get; ham, chicken,chorizo, longaniza, chicken, fish, calamary, shrimps, octopus, and either clams or mussels....is that ok?...tell me were have you had a paella with all of these ingredients for $16.95....I'm thinking of raising the price because of questions like yours....thank you....

I hope this helps....waldo

Edited: 8:42 pm, March 16, 2014
15. Re: Paella at Belly Buttons

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, March 18, 2015