We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Connecting Flight Feasibility

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington, DC
reviews: 7
Connecting Flight Feasibility

In december, my fiance and I are arriving at San Juan-Int'l (SJU) at 2:11 on our way to Vieques.

Would it be possible to catch the Cape Air flight at 3:30, or is that cutting it too close? Both Air Sunshine and Vieques Air Links have later flights, but they don't leave for Viques until 5:00 - giving us a lot of waiting time and possibly an evening ride to find our hotel. We're coming into San Juan with US Airways.

Also, we're arriving the week before XMas, will that affect connecting times. We'll also have to check some bags, I don't think carryon will be possible.

Thanks!

reviews: 65
1. Re: Connecting Flight Feasibility

I would not chance the 3:30 flight. You also have to remember that around Christmas the weather where you are traveling from may be unpredictable. There were several east coast storms this past season that delayed flights for hours.

You would be better off waiting for an hour then stressing over making the connection.

NYC
2. Re: Connecting Flight Feasibility

You will probably be alright with this connection. It's been my experience that Cape Air tends to run a bit late on their flights. But if you want to be absolutely sure you catch your flight, book the later one. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

usa
reviews: 9
3. Re: Connecting Flight Feasibility

I would check with Cape Air to see if they would honor your tickets for the later flight if you miss your connection. If they will, go for it. Unfortunately, Christmas time is a very busy time at this airport. You will have to get your bags from USAir and carry them to Cape Air.

Also check www.enchanted-isle.com for all the information you'll need while staying in Vieques.

Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques