We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Vacation to Vieques?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
First Vacation to Vieques?

Hi, We are visiting Vieques for the first time in February. Can anyone answer a few questions we have? Are sharks common at the beaches? We vacation in the Outer Banks, NC and although they are small close to shore, they are increasing. Also, I have read the forums and I see multiple mentions of how expensive the food in restaurants is. Can you give an example of what is a typical local lunch would run and how much is a beer? We appreciate your help and we are looking forward to this trip!

11. Re: First Vacation to Vieques?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum guideline limiting each user to a single forums screen name.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:49 pm, January 18, 2008
New Hampshire
12. Re: First Vacation to Vieques?

Thank you all for your your wonderful information! It's great to hear about all the wonderful choices such a smal island offers! We are very much looking formward to this trip! We have made the Outer Banks in NC our beach vacation choice for several years, but finding another great quiet beach location that we can get to in the colder months is great!

Thanks again for all of your help!

NH
13. Re: First Vacation to Vieques?

Hi, In response to your question. My husband and I including several friends have traveled to Vieques from NH the last two years. We just returned last week. We snokeled almost everyday from the beach and have never seen a shark. We have seen jelly fish, stingrays, large starfish and many other species of colorful fish.

As for eating, if you are renting I suggest you visit the local grocery store Morales's. You will be able to find everything you need to make your visit more affortable. There are many resturants to choose from. My suggestion would be Duffy's and Banana's for lunch,the drinks are awesome too. The average price for meals is $10 to $15. Tradewinds up the road is very good as well. You must experience the Shayshack only open on Monday nights.

Make a reservation. The resturant is nestled in the trees, like a tree house. Pricy, but worth the experience.

The local beer is Medalla and is worth drinking.

14. Re: First Vacation to Vieques?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:22 am, September 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Isla de Vieques