We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Puerto Rico
Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

I am going with my fiancee for 3 days to Vieques, this will be the first time ever we go. We will be staying at the Wyndham *crosses fingers after reading reviews* All the info and recomendations are great, still I feel I am missing the details on where we should eat. On the links there is a lot of restaurants names and all, even managed to find menus. I am very curious on Mbar and Uva, defenitively going to Mamasongas if they have German style pancakes *grins* But I will love to have more feedback on the places others have gone while in the island and also I would like to know how much are the trips to the bio bay, I have info on the different proveyours but not on prices. Thanks!!

Connecticut
reviews: 1
1. Re: Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

Enjoy your trip! My wife and I stayed at the Wyndham in April. It is nice enough but don't plan on eating their. The pirces are way too expensive for what you get. Go out and enjoy the restaraunts on the island, for all meals. I would highly reccomend you eat dinner at Chez Shack, the Island Steakhouse, and Cafe Media Luna if you can fit them all in. These are all excellent restaurants, with good service and great food. I would reccomend reservations even if this is the off season. There is a nice breakfast place right down form the Wyndham towards town, on the right hand side. Enchanted Garden, or something like this. Definitely worth a trip.

Stay away from the MBar. It is sub-par and with limited time there are much, much better places to eat. All I can tell you about the bio bay is don't book it through the Wyndham. There are better deals out there

clearwater, fl
2. Re: Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

Hi! We just returned from Puerto Rico and Vieques was one of our favorite places. We went on the bio-bay tour with Island Adventures and it was great! It was $25 pp and was on an electric boat. There are also kayak trips and I understand the prices are comparable. Make sure you get in the water and swim ......it is amazing!

Pennsylvania
3. Re: Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

Bili's and Tradewinds (great fish and seafood specials) were two of our favorites when we were there in March. They are both in Esperanza.

Austin TX
4. Re: Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

I stayed at the Wyndham and loved it! VERY nice rooms and cool, huge bathrooms. Our phone wasn't working in the room, but they fixed it immediately. The place is a little more commercial than the other guesthouses on the island (which we also stayed at..) but it is really pretty and on the beach. You should go snorkeling at the pier down the road....

We went to eat at the following places, and they were all great:

Tradewinds - nice outdoor patio in Esparanza. very relaxing - great food and drinks.

Island Steakhouse - loved it. In the interior of the island at the Crow's Nest. Great service, food and atmosphere.

We had appetizers and drinks at Bili and Bananas. They are in the kind of casual, party strip in Esparanza. Bili is nicer than Bananas.

We went to La Sirena for drinks and karaoke - it was a lot of fun!

We went to Mamasongas because I had heard such great things, but I was a little let down. It was hot (no A/C), the food took ahwile, Mamasonga and her hubby are not very friendly and the food was O.K. My boyfriend really liked his apple pancackes though....

Never made to Uva's - it seemed a little bit frou-frou to me :) or to MBar. It is right across the street from the Wyndham. It looked nice - like a cool place for drinks...

Chez Shack and Michael's food space are closed!!!

You'll have a wonfderful time! Their are random horses and colts wondering around... The beaches (especially in the south) are fabulous - each one is a little different.

We did the bio-bay tour, and it was lovely! We did the tour through Blue Caribe Kayaks. It's only $25! There is also a company - Island Adventures - that does tours by boat rather than kayak. The kayaking was a tad tiring, but fun!! It's amazing watching your oars go through the sparkling water.

Hope this helps!

Washington, DC
reviews: 5
5. Re: Where to eat and bio bay tour prices?

I agree with jzab's comments re: Mamasongas. I never understood all positive reviews I've read here and elsewhere. The place is a dump and the owners are unfriendly.