We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Raining all week?

Which Isla de Vieques hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
WI
reviews: 1
Raining all week?

I just looked at the weather for Vieques and it is predicting rain for the next week. Is that really the case for those of you living on the island? Or is it just those rain showers where it is for a brief period of time and then the sun comes out?

Scituate
1. Re: Raining all week?

Dear Dio:

This time last year I spent about a week in Vieques. The forecast every day called for rain, but it either came at night, or passed in a few minutes. Typically, November is considered part of the rainy season, but my experience is that the rain does not last long. When the sun comes out, typically everything dries out fairly quickly. Of the time I was there last year, I went to the beach every day.

If you do get a cloudy morning, you can check out the fort, the historic trust museum, or go exploring...

Regards,

Jack

VIEQUES
2. Re: Raining all week?

Today was a washout until about 2PM. The weather here on Vieques is closer to the weather in St Thomas than San Juan, It will often be rainy in San Juan and clear here. The Vieques weather forecast you see is pinned to SJU...Follow the St Thomas weather to get a closer Idea to what is happening here.

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
reviews: 22
3. Re: Raining all week?

Please look at the whole forcast, including the Sun Index! If it is 8, 9, or 10. That will tell you the sun will be out and hot. It is the tropics, It rains.

4. Re: Raining all week?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 pm, September 13, 2009