We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

brue-auriac
Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

Has anyone experienced spending a night in this filthy cabin, which in no way corresponds to the website description? We are used to very rustic accomodation and its remoteness in the forest is attractive, but although having no comfort for 40 $ is acceptable (no electricity, no bathroom), sleeping in an untidy cabin with food and other leftovers is not. It seems that the owner never does any cleaning of the cabin between two guests. And the impression you get is one of insalubrity.

The access through the main house (an indescribable mess) should actually deter you from going further to the cabin. Quite a pity considering the nice natural environment!

San Juan
reviews: 3
1. Re: Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

i have never heard of this place before. phillip farm?

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 14
2. Re: Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

They are in S191.

Florida
reviews: 11
3. Re: Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

With the advent of the internet, I found out about Phillips Farm quite a few years ago. They have been around for a while. I remember I looked into it, and just from the pictures and description provided, it looked a little too rustic for me, and especially my wife. It sounds like it's beyond rustic, more like roughing it.

They are pretty high up on S191. I've gone up that side a couple of times to experience a pretty cool stream that forms pretty cool watering holes right where the road ends (blocked off). The Phillips sign jumped out at me, cause I remember reading about them in the past.

Clearwater, Florida
reviews: 72
4. Re: Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

My family and I stayed at Nelson's Country House several years ago. It was a great place to stay. You have all the comforts (bathrooms and kitchen); it is affordable and you have plenty of privacy. I would recommend it to anyone.

Portland, Me
reviews: 6
5. Re: Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

My wife and I just stayed there two weeks ago. We had a wonderful experience. The cabin could use some tidying, but I would sooner classify it as "cluttered" rather than "filthy." The proprietor offered to sweep the place while we went to dinner. He was friendly and provided us with a hand-drawn map the following day that provided us with many cool spots in the nearby rivers and forest. It is an excellent destination for people who are willing to put a little bit of effort into their vacation. It is not right for people who are squeamish about sleeping in the woods. You also get a pile of fresh organic fruit with your stay (again, if you are willing to bend over an pick fruit off the ground).

6. Re: Phillips Family Farm El Yunque - Puerto Rico

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, October 28, 2012
Get answers to your questions about El Yunque National...