We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Rico on my own

usa
reviews: 12
Puerto Rico on my own

Our ship will arrive on a Tuesday ( 2 p.m to 10 p.m december) in San Juan. We want to visit El Morro, Old San Juan and some beaches ( whenever possible).

where do I take the trolley from the port? will it take us to all the major atractions in the city?

thieves?scams? please let me know.

I need advice.

Thanks

San Juan
reviews: 3
1. Re: Puerto Rico on my own

the trolley only travels around the historic district which is were the main port is located, it does not travel outside the district. let me advise you it is slow, so if you do not have a health issue i recommend walking around with a good map, it saves you time. it is a very walkable zone.

the closest beach is El Escambron but it is right before entering the district, the other beaches are located in Condado and Isla Verde, you can go to the main bus terminal which is almost in front of the main port and take bus C43 to Condado.

But my recommendation is to stick with the historic district first because you will not find anything like it , nothing comes close to it, on any of the other port destinations (unless your ship stops at the historic district in Havana, Cuba)

San Juan
reviews: 11
2. Re: Puerto Rico on my own

By the time you get out of your ship, it will be around 2:30 pm +... you'll need those remaining day hours to see OSJ. Since you'll be on a ship, skip the beaches and enjoy a December evening in OSJ, since it will be Xmas time, there may be some activities at the plaza (music, artisans, etc,) or after exploring the city take a taxi to one of the hotels at the Condado area...

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 23
3. Re: Puerto Rico on my own

I agree with Coqui. Weather can be a factor for some tourist. If is hot some will take the trolley. I boarded the one going to El Morro. Traffic it what makes the trolley goes very slow.

Some business have "made in China" products such as T-shirts, and few articles. Sometimes there are some artisan by the plaza as SMS suggested, and strongly recommend because they are authentic. My relatives from the states loved theartisan business.

The beaches of Condado and Isla Verde are "aight". These beaches are urban, they cool, but not best beaches in Puerto Rico.

4. Re: Puerto Rico on my own

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:59 am, February 18, 2011