We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

goingonatrip31
Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

Hi, I need help! Where would be a great unforgettable place to propose to my wonderful girlfriend in the el yunque forest? Any input I would appreciate! Hiking is not a problem to get there.

NYC
reviews: 122
1. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

I'd say La Mina Falls, you could get down on one knee (don't slip on the rocks) and the entire crowd that gathers there to swim will wildly CHEER!!!

2. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:01 am, May 13, 2008
Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
3. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

Unless you get to La Mina early it will be crowded. Probably not the romantic spot you had in mind.

If you're into hiking then I'd suggest heading to the top of El Yunque. The views are great. But don't propose at the peak.

After you go to the peak, head down Road 10 a little and look for the trail marker for La Roca trail on your right behind one of the buildings.

This is a narrow short trail that leads to a shear outcropping of rock (called La Roca) that hangs over the edge of the world. The view is the best. And we've never seen anyone else there. You'll be alone with the whole world in front of you.

Congratulations!

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
reviews: 11
4. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

I would say, pack up a picnic basket and go to the picnic area in El Yunque

goingonatrip31
5. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

Wow, RayInPR that sounds like a perfect place. La Roca it is. thanks so much!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
reviews: 42
6. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

Wow... I'm all teary-eyed here.

Congratulations! All the best to you both!!!

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
7. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

I forgot to post our trail map in my earlier response. You can see La Roca on the far left of the map.

puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/…

goingonatrip31
8. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

Thanks again, the map is really going to help find the La Roca trail. Also out of curiosity what does La Roca mean? Thanks :)

Puerto Rico
reviews: 2
9. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

La Roca = The Rock

Like the one I assume it's in the ring you're giving her... =)

goingonatrip31
10. Re: Best place to propose to girlfriend in El Yunque

lol, that is great!