We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Buffets or dining for large groups

Which Mayaguez hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Houston, Texas
Buffets or dining for large groups

I will be coming with a large group in March. Are there any resturaunts you can recommend for large groups? Buffets?

6 replies to this topic
San Juan Puerto Rico
reviews: 1
1. Re: Buffets or dining for large groups

How large is large. Spanish bakery restaurant on main road to old San Juan from airport " 5 minutes. Called

"espania" is extremely popular. Soup sandwiches. Paella. Outstanding coffee. Cafeteria style. Tables probably seat 100 but you will be with many locals so there will not be nearly that many open seats Staff used to non Spanish speaking tourists and flight crews. Good luck.

San Juan Puerto Rico
reviews: 1
2. Re: Buffets or dining for large groups

Bebos in Condado can give you a private room. Good local food very reasonable prices. Most meals are 8 to 15 dollars per person and portions are large.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
reviews: 42
3. Re: Buffets or dining for large groups

I'm not sure if you intented to post on the Mayaguez forum. Mayaguez is located 3 west of San Juan. If you are staying in San Juan, I recommend that you post your question in the San Juan forum.

In case that you are staying in Mayaguez, both Western Restaurant (PRican) and Dynasty (Chinese/PRican) are buffets, and are very good.

Houston, Texas
4. Re: Buffets or dining for large groups

We will be staying in Mayaguez, thank you for your posts!

Puerto Rico
reviews: 2
5. Re: Buffets or dining for large groups

How large is your group?

In Mayaguez you will find some places like Sizzler and Bonanza, both buffet style and a la carte restaurants.

Also places like Longhorn (has a private room for large groups), Chilli's and Uno's and they can take large groups (10-12 or more people).

The Mayaguez Resort offers a buffet style lunch and dinner and a seafood buffet on fridays and a Sunday Brunch. Call the hotel for more details on this.

There are other restaurants in the area that might be able to accommodate a large group. Please be a bit more specific on budget, if you have a type of food in particular and how many people are in your party.

Paris: Western Restaurant, the one at Bosque St near El Colegio, has been closed for about 2 yrs now and Dynasty... I just can not recommend.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
reviews: 42
6. Re: Buffets or dining for large groups

Wow... I didn't know that. My mother is/was a huge fan of Western Restaurant. She'll be disappointed to know is now closed.

The food at Dynasty is pretty good. Can't say it's the best I've ever had but it's good.

Edited: 12:22 pm, February 23, 2011
Reply to: Buffets or dining for large groups
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted