We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
West Palm Beach...
reviews: 18
Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

Hello, I am traveling to PR next week and staying at the Caribe Hilton. Have heard mixed reviews as to whether or not it is a walkable distance from the property to Old San Juan. Anyone out there know? We heard a taxi is about $10 each way but that there is bus service for 1/10 of that. Does anyone know what bus routes to look for and where the bus stop is in relation to the property? THANK YOU!!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
reviews: 42
1. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

I'm not sure where the bus stops near CH. But as far as walking, yes, it is a walkable. The hotel is located about a mile and a half from OSJ, and it's a nice walk along the coast with really amazing views. If you're ok with walking in the sun and in the heat, you should be fine. However, you should always take a taxi (whether you walk or take the bus) at night (for safety reasons).

Galveston, Texas
reviews: 36
2. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

When you get to the Caribe Hilton ask for a Que Pasa magazine. You will find a map of Old San Juan. Also the staff at the hotel will help you to find the bus stop. It's easy! Also good advise regarding taking a taxi at night back to the hotel. Have fun.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
reviews: 42
3. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

Here's the taxi website in case you need additional fare information: http://www.cabspr.com/

White Plains, New...
reviews: 27
4. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

Go to Avenida Juan Ponce de Leon. Then take the M3 or 21 bus which is right on the park called "Parque Luis Muñoz Rivera". It will take you to Old San Juan. The bus stop is about 5 minute walk from Caribe Hilton. The cost is only 50 cent each way. I don't think you will see signs with any of the names mentioned. I had to ask a police officer where it was. The taxi to Old San Juan is approximately $12 and they may add a $2 gas surcharge.

White Plains, New...
5. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

Make sure you have a budget for taking a taxi back to CH at night. Better safe than sorry.

Caguas, Puerto Rico
reviews: 11
6. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

If you are up for walking do walk from Caribe Hilton. REALLY, taking the bus will take about 40 min just to get to OSJ, this is about the same time you will be walking. So I think it is better to do this nice walk enjoy the view.

I agree with the previous post about asking staff about the closest bus stop, I think there is one closer than the one in Ponce de Leon, it is on the same walking route towards OSJ.

Our bus system is not that reliable on timing, so have patience when waiting for a bus.

In OSJ there is a free trolley, that takes you through many stops in OSJ, think of it as a free Hop on Hop off bus type.

White Plains, New...
7. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

I was there last month for a week and the longest I have waited was no more than 15 minutes. It was about 10 to 12 minute ride to Old San Juan.

West Palm Beach...
reviews: 18
8. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

Thanks everyone. Great advice!! Have been to PR many times but usually go to Aguadilla :) sounds like a walkable distance with great views and absolutely no evening walking for us. You all ROCK!

9. Re: Caribe Hilton to Old San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, August 01, 2014