We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Car Rental to Cruise Ship

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York
reviews: 4
Car Rental to Cruise Ship

We are coming to San Juan a day before our cruise departs and woukld like to rent a car for the day. Where is the best place to rent a car from near the airport and can I drop it off at the port the next day?

usa
reviews: 9
1. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

Most of the car rental companies have sites outside the international airport. Make your reservation ahead of time and wait for the bus at the arrival terminal to take you to the site. There are no drop off sites at the cruise ship terminals. You would have to return the car and take a cab to the port.

pa
reviews: 13
2. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

Charlies Car Rental has a place close to the port to return the car and they will take you to atleastto Carnivals port not sure about the other ships but you have to have your car back before 4 or 5 since they close and you would have to take a taxi (we learned the hard way!)

New York
reviews: 4
3. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

Did you pick your car up at the airport? That doesnt sound too bad as most companies want you to return car back to airport. Were you happy with them?

pa
4. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

They shuttled us to the office close to the airport and we returned to the one more downtown. Yes we were pleased with them and had no issues I did take a copy of our insurance and declaration paper though they didn't ask for it,but I felt better knowing I had it just in case. If you need the address of the offices let me know since I have our rental papers.

Chesterfield...
reviews: 37
5. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

we are cruising w RCCL feb 1, 2014 but going in 2 days early and want to rent a car too.

did u use Charlie's or another? it would be great to drop at port or nearby; thanks mc

pa
6. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

We did use Charlies the only thing you will want to remember if you want dropped of at the pier you will need to return the car at the downtown location and to get there early enough as they close at 4 or 5pm just check with them or you will have to pay for a taxi (which we learned the hard way)

Chesterfield...
reviews: 37
7. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

do they pick u up or have a shuttle to the airport? looks like there location is off the airport

we r thinking of going to fajardo and taking the ferry to Vieques...did u do anything interesting/ thanks, mc

pa
8. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

They did have a shuttle that picked us up at the airport and like I said before if you want to drop off downtown they will take you to the pier if you get there before they close. We also went to Vieques but was afraid to chance the ferry so chose to fly out of Cieba which was quick and easy. We kayaked Mosquito Bay then got a early enough flight back to go to El Yungue on the way back to San Juan which we enjoy as we like nature and hiking etc.

9. Re: Car Rental to Cruise Ship

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, October 16, 2014