We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Rental Car at SJU airport?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
OHIO
reviews: 32
Rental Car at SJU airport?

We are headed to PR in early March and want to rent a car.. I have heard nothing but bad reviews of Hertz... any other rental agencies that are better than others? We were thinking trying Budget or Avis? One way or the other we are renting a car, do we need to catch a cab from the airport to get to the agencies or are they in the airport?

Thanks!

Beagle

Denison, Texas
reviews: 2
21. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Thanks;-)

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
reviews: 34
22. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

I always use AVIS but also reccomend checking priceline to get the best price. though the AVIS website always gives the best price for my needs(one day one way rental)

I have never seen any car rental counters near the baggage areas. am i missing something?

OHIO
23. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Spoke with Charlie's this morning. Assured me that they would be available if we had any car problems. Prices appear to be around $20 cheaper on line and when I called them.

Denison, Texas
24. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Ya, they do seem to be the cheapest. So glad you guys mentioned them;)

Maryland!
reviews: 201
25. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Thrifty was great. and cheap for a minivan. Just make sure you ask for a copy of the map for returning the car, so there is no confusion when it comes time to go back to the airport.

Cadiz, Kentucky
reviews: 122
26. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Thanks beagle09 - glad to know you confirmed that!

Atlanta, Georgia
reviews: 6
27. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

I'd be happy to get any advice about Charlies or other rental agencies as well. Large family group of 14 travelling in late February. Will need 2 minivans to get us to house in Ocean Park.

Or rent one minivan & taxi the rest?

Cadiz, Kentucky
reviews: 122
28. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Here's their website, if that's what you want http://www.charliecars.com/ or call them - they were very helpful when I called.

OHIO
29. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Yep, they were easy to talk to and helpful... I would rent through the website.... Saved some money that way.

Denison, Texas
30. Re: Rental Car at SJU airport?

Also, the airport office(I think it's in Isla Verde) is open 24 hrs where the others close at 5.