We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pinones anyone

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
atlanta, georgia
pinones anyone

Hi my Puerto Rico experts. I'm still planning this Tour of PR trip for my husband and two other first time couples. I have heard some good and some bad about Pinones, just east of San Juan. Good beaches and roadside eats? Good scenery or just keep driving? Thanks again for the help I really want them to experience the enchantment of PR.

Bettendorf, Iowa
reviews: 2
1. Re: pinones anyone

My husband and I visited pinones last October. We found it to be a really neat thing to do. Fortunately for us, we have a friend from PR who was also visiting at the same time we were visiting and he took us out to the pinones on a Sunday afternoon. Yes, the buildings are more like shacks, the roof was caving in on at least one, but the food was delicious. We bought a bowl of fresh mango for a dollar or two and it was better than any I've ever had. It was very refreshing after eating in overpriced resort restaurants for a few days! We also loved the fact that the PR people seem to embrace the beach - which seems different from other islands we've visited. Anyway, I would recommend this activity!

Aston, PA
2. Re: pinones anyone

Pinones has beautiful views on the beach side and more or less not so pretty on the road side. That being said, we go all the time when in Puerto Rico. The place I like best is called "The Reef" fantastic view and good food. When driving to Pinones you go over a bridge, then make a left at the bottom of the bridge, up hill, then follow it left to a parking area, The Reef restaurant is just past the parking on your right.

The other is the Solia Beach Club, (don't think I spelled it right)over the bridge, continue on road to Club on left, again beautiful views, nice beach, etc. Unfortunate how the trash dumpsters are on the beach side but if you can just take in the overall picture, you'll love it.

Nance

Long Island, New...
reviews: 3
3. Re: pinones anyone

most of the shacks have been replaced or are in the process of being replaced with concrete structures and have to meet all health codes. I say definate for Pinones. We always make it our first and last stop in P.R.