We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
DC
How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

I got three parking tickets in San Jaun in the same spot in an area that was not marked. I would like to know how to contest the ticket. I don't even know what I did wrong because the tickets are writing in spanish.

HELP!!!

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
reviews: 11
1. Re: How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

The only way to contest a ticket is by going to the Court house and filling a complaint. This can only be done in person

Jersey
reviews: 10
2. Re: How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

If you are determined to fight it, you could contact a lawyer there that could do all the foot work for you until the actually court date. It would probably be costly.

Cabo Rojo, Puerto...
3. Re: How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

The process to contest a parking ticket is as follows:

1. You must file a "Recurso de Revision", or Revision, at the San Juan Court. This is done by filling out a form type petition asking that the court hold an informal trial hearing where you, any witness and the officer that issued the ticket must appear.

2. Once this document is filed, you must appear in court on the date of the hearing, and the judge will ask a general "what happened?". Depending on which version he/she believes, the ticket remains, or not.

3. What USUALLY happens, is that the issuing officer never appears, after having been cited several times, and the ticket is dismissed. This is, of course, subject to the officer's schedule.

4. You can always hire a lawyer to do this, but usually, legal fees may be higher than paying for the actual ticket itself (unless it's speeding, which may hike up into the thousands).

Since you haven't specified if it was a rental car, if you live in PR, if you can't leave PR until you pay the ticket, if the car belonged to your mother-in-law and she's pretty upset over the tickets...maybe you're better off biting the bullet and forkin' over the dough.

Since this is a public forum, I'll be adding my trusty disclaimer right about now:

DISCLAIMER: Please bear in mind that all the information contained in this forum message, does not constitute legal counsel as of yet, and is purely for your information. Asking for any additional information or questions pertaining this legal matter has not created a legally binding Attorney-Client relationship, or a contractual relationship for your legal representation.

Mosey over to this blog and you might find some information on PR law: http://puertoricolaw.blogspot.com/

Puerto Rico
reviews: 23
4. Re: How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

Friend... just pay up...... it will cost you more in money, time and stress to contest them. If you had a car rented car, the company will be charged and pay and in turn charge you, probably with penalties, so contact your rental car company ASAP!!! If it was a friend's car, be nice to your friend and send him/her the money, because they will be charged and will have to pay.

5. Re: How do you contest a Parking Ticket from San Juan....

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 07, 2009