We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

suggestions!

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Paul...
reviews: 91
suggestions!

we are arriving in san juan in the early evening and would love a great restaurant/bar reccommendation for our first night. we are staying at the coral princess inn in condado. i know there's tons to do in that area....any feedback is appreciated :)

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 7
1. Re: suggestions!

Hi

For the Condado area I like Ropa Vieja Grill (Cuban / Puerto Rican) gets very busy on weekend evening.

Or take a taxi into Old San Juan and try any of these:

Tantra (indian cusine)

Parrot Club

Aquaviva

Dragonfly

Amadeus

Tapas bar in El Convento

If you really feel like splashing out there is Pikayo in the Museum de Arte close to Condado / Isla Verde. Don't let the fact that the restaurant is in the museum put you off; this is supposed to be one of the best places to eat in Puerto Rico.

When you are not eating, check out http://www.visit-the-coqui.com for more ideas for PR

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
reviews: 11
2. Re: suggestions!

Since you are arriving early evening and need to rewind after your flight I would suggest to stay in Condado, try Ajili Mojili for a first introduction to Puerto Rican food. Then try these other great suggestions, I am just trying to be practical since it's your first night. If you feel up for Entertainment, check out the Marriott Hotel for dancing

3. Re: suggestions!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:27 am, September 04, 2009