We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best quiet beach?

PA
reviews: 5
Best quiet beach?

Looking for suggestions for a quiet, somewhat secluded beach in PR. I'm planning a 15-year anniversary trip and we're not sure exactly where we want to go, but we're definitely considering PR. Ideally we'd like to be within 2 hours of an airport.

I'd love to find a beautiful beach close to the rainforest. We're planning to rent a house rather than stay in a resort because I have celiac disease and a few other food allergies and it's just much easier to be able to cook/eat in.

Suggestions on locations/beaches? Thanks!

usa
reviews: 9
1. Re: Best quiet beach?

Vieques Island.

PA
2. Re: Best quiet beach?

Yes, I have been looking into Vieques Island. My only concern is the current problems people are talking about with the ferries. If the ferry won't be running we're then looking at an additional $300 or so to fly over and I'm trying to keep costs to a minimum.

Plus, I think we'd love to be able to do El Yunque as well.

Any other beach recommendations in PR?

NewHampshire
reviews: 1
3. Re: Best quiet beach?

Hi Livetotravelandeat,

We just returned from a weeklong vacation in PR. We stayed in Rio Grande at Villa Sevilla (specifically the two bedroom Bella Vista Chalet, but the also have other options). It's up in the hills with a spectacular view and not far from El Yunque. The cost to stay there was very reasonable, and Wally and Marina, the owners, are fantastic. I'd suggest checking out Villa Sevilla's website.

We really enjoyed Luquillo Beach. I wouldn't necessarily classify it as "quiet", although we did go on a weekday and it wasn't crowded by any means. Beautiful sand and water.

Hope this helps!

Vicky

Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 55
4. Re: Best quiet beach?

Luquillo beach is very long. On a weekday I am sure you will find a very quiet spot.

Armonk, New York
reviews: 78
5. Re: Best quiet beach?

Look into the privately owned villas inside the Rio Mar resort. There are a lot of them on VRBO.com and HomeAway.com. The beach at the resort is never crowded and the Villas not operated by the Hotel are high grade and can be very good values.

PA
6. Re: Best quiet beach?

Thanks so much for the suggestions. I'll be checking into all of them.

usa
7. Re: Best quiet beach?

How many people are in your party? There are other options to fly over.

PA
8. Re: Best quiet beach?

prexplorer - just 2 in our party.

usa
9. Re: Best quiet beach?

It's cheaper to fly to Vieques from Isla Grande Airport versus the international airport. Another option is to take a one way rental car and drive to Ceiba Airport and leave the rental car there and fly from Ceiba airport which I believe is about $50.00 per person roundtrip.

10. Re: Best quiet beach?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 04, 2014