We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Maumee, Ohio
reviews: 46
3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

We are staying at La Concha 3 nights mid may. I have ideas for day 1 and 2 but need suggestions for 3 and 4. This is a splurge trip for us, so we want to fit in as much as possible. Budget conscious people, but still want to have fun!

Arrive 11:30am, taxi, check in or drop off bags at hotel, grab lunch (suggestions welcome Condado). Bus to San Juan. Hope to get the forts in. I hear the ferry to/near Bacardi is pretty early evening so we may do that.

Day 2: Pick up rental car (probably Charlies) by 9am, drive to El Yunque for some hiking. We are packing lunch, but will probably stop for dinner (suggestions welcome). BioIsland tour 6:15.

Day 3: Debating on keeping car one more day or returning it early. My husband would love to do beach things....snorkeling, surfing or something, but I'm not sure if it's possible. Reviews say islands are where to go for this and I'm not sure if a day is enough time. Maybe we should check out Isle Verdes? Back to OSJ?

Day 4: We depart at 4pm want to be at airport at 2pm. Suggestions? Maybe just hotel beach Condado area? Idk

Thanks for any help!

Maumee, Ohio
1. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Any must sees I'm missing?

Maumee, Ohio
2. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Bump...any help

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 14
3. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Day 2- you can stop at the Kiosks in Luquillo and see which one is open and appeals to you. Lots of choices. Or there are a few places right in Las Croabas that are not too expensive.

Day 3, keep the car, drive over to Fajardo and take the ferry over to Culebra and rent snorkel stuff and enjoy Flamenco beach. Amazing place.

Or drive out to the caves- Ventana, Indio and/or Camuy.

Maumee, Ohio
4. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Thanks for the advice! I appreciate it. Any idea how much the ferry costs? And do u need to take a taxi to the beach in Culebra?

usa
reviews: 9
5. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Another alternative is to take a catamaran snorkeling tour from Fajardo for the day. You can even take one that goes to Culebra. I highly recommend this. We did East Island Excursions and had a great time.

El Yunque National...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
reviews: 14
6. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

For the ferry trip- parking at the pier is $5.35 for the day, Ferry is $4.50 RT and the taxi to the beach is $3 pp each way.

Maumee, Ohio
7. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Thank you!

Maumee, Ohio
8. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Ok is this too ambitious?

Day 1: Weds. - OSJ noon-?

Day 2: Thurs. - Rent car Charlie's 9 am. Drive to El Yunques and hike trails, eat lunch, etc. Maybe stop by Luquilla (sp?) on the way to Fajardo for evening bay tour.

Day 3: Friday - Return car and go to Aqua Adventures tour out of SJ to Caja de Mueritos (sp?)

Day 4: Saturday - Sleep in and enjoy Condado before heading to the airport at 2pm for 4pm flight.

Am I too booked? Day 3 isn't in stone yet, but I might book it soon!

Boston...
reviews: 125
9. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

We did the Bicardi tour when we were in Puerto Rico 2 weeks ago. They definitely work on island time there so if you want to check out the forts plus the tour you might not have time. We did both these activities in one day and started out earlier than you will be able to. We were lucky to catch the ferry right away from OSJ (it's only a five minute or so ride) and then they hustle you onto vans. It's about a 5-10 min drive over to the factory. They told us our tour would start in 20 min. It really took an hour. Then the tour itself was an hour when it could've easily been a half hour. Then we had to wait for everyone to get back on this little trolley thing that takes you back to the main area, wait for the van to take us back to the ferry and then wait not too long to get another ferry. Then you'll have to walk back to the bus. We waited half an hour for a bus and then our ride back to our hotel was an hour. But, I think you'll be staying closer than we were in isla verde. And we didn't even take a lot of time looking at the forts. IF you look at the reviews on here people said they spent 2 hours in one place.

Maumee, Ohio
10. Re: 3 nights! Getting it all in! Help please

Thanks for your input. I think I've decided against the Bacardi tour, based on all the input.

Everyone's take on the forts appears to be different some people spend hours, others 20 min. Depends on what you're looking for. Our OSJ trip we're playing by ear with going the first day and may stop back our last day if we feel we'd like to see more. We were even thinking of going for dinner there Friday evening. So much to do, so little time!