We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

combining puerto rico with cuba

london
reviews: 50
combining puerto rico with cuba

We are from the Uk and want to fly from Puerto Rico to Cunba and then back to the UK. Is it possible to do a direct flight between the 2 islands?

What are the highlights of each island?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
reviews: 22
1. Re: combining puerto rico with cuba

Puerto Rico is part of the US and there are travel restirction between the US and Cuba. Your best bet would be to check the web travel sites. I know you can get there from Canada. I would think you would be able to do so from some other island in the Caribe.

Puerto Rico
reviews: 2
2. Re: combining puerto rico with cuba

You can get to Cuba from the Dominican Republic and many other places, just not the USA.

Many Puerto Ricans go to Cuba via Panama City, I think it's with Copa Airlines, but I am not too sure about that.

Arctic Bay, Canada
reviews: 41
3. Re: combining puerto rico with cuba

You can get to Cuba via Nassau or Mexico City and Cancun too...

Don't forget to purchase your tourist visa card $ 25 cuban convertable peso's around $ 30.00 usd...Bring british sterling too to exchange...%10 penalty for usd...

Safe travels...jimmy

Edited: 8:45 pm, September 20, 2010
San Juan
reviews: 3
4. Re: combining puerto rico with cuba

Yes, from San Juan to Panama, once you reach Panama then to Havana.

Copa Airlines has daily flights from San Juan.

There are many puerto ricans who visit Cuba every year, including many well known personalities and i think almost everyone related with the arts has visited our sister country at least once.

Edited: 8:48 pm, September 20, 2010
5. Re: combining puerto rico with cuba

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:22 am, March 20, 2011