We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Booked my room, now help me out please!

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North Canton, Ohio
reviews: 3
Booked my room, now help me out please!

Hi all! We have booked our room at BRB for our honeymoon. We will be there May 27 - June 6 2007! We have never been to Jamaica. What is there to do close to the resort? I have heard of Dunn's River Falls, but that's about it. We are not looking to do a TON of stuff, but some stuff would be nice! We will be 26 and 25 when we go and looking for some stuff that I would never see at home (in Ohio). I've heard something about swimming with the dophins...I would love to do that! Does BRB have a list of stuff you can do thru them? Such as going on tour buses or anything? Sometimes I almost feel safer doing that...

TIA for ANY help you can give me!!!!

Erin

Cherry Hill, NJ
reviews: 9
1. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

BRB has a tour desk that can arrange a variety of trips. Usually ajust your group or a small minivan.

You will have a great time and there are many activities at the resort to keep you busy as well.

Enjoy!

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
2. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

Rest assured my friend that you will not see much of anything in JA that you see in Ohio... no matter what time of the year it is...

I would suggest that you check out the Cranbrook Flower Park... it is just about 7 miles +/- from BRB toward Ochee... make it the only thing you do one day (maybe go early before it is too hot as your honeymoon is in the middle of the Hot, Hot, Hot season)... it is a mile and one half of a walking trail that meanders along a beautiful clear river... your guide will take you up to the river-head where you can swim in a very COLD (yah mon) pool where the river begins... beautiful waterfalls and picturesque settings... all natural with only a few "staged" plantings... learn about the flora of JA, what you can eat and what to take for a cold, for the pink eye... learn about the Jamaica Big Bamboo... it is an easy walking trail... maybe take some snacks with you and sit at any one of the many pic-nic tables... so romantic. The best part is that it is REAL and not over-run with tourists... something you will learn to seek out in JA. If BRB does not offer a bus to take you to Cranbrook, then just hire a private taxi to take you.

You will not be disappointed.

Maybe you will be fortunate to see a parrot in an abandoned termite nest... or a lovely green tree lizard (different from the lizards that plague the houses and the hotels like mice)... or perhaps you'll see a hummingbird or the National Dr. Bird... if you have a digital camera, take it as you will have many great photos to capture...

We are in JA right now, but when we return I will post my photos that I took at Cranbrook along with others that I have taken of things we have done for the first time...

Blessings on your upcoming marriage... JA is such a sensual and somewhat sexual island that you will be soooooo happy to have chosen it as your honeymoon destination...

Madison, Wisconsin
reviews: 36
3. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

Take a resort pass over to Hed III resort and enjoy there activities. It is a lot of fun for one night. You will be able to enjoy the new restaurants and swim-up bar this currently being built. I hope they upgrade you to a new oceanside room. Congratulations on your wedding. T&JWisconsin

St. Louis
reviews: 1
4. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

There is a tour desk at Breezes that will assist in scheduling trips. In July my wife and I went on the Canopy Tour which was thrilling. You are taken up in the mountain and zip line through the trees. Very cool! It is one of the tours out of Chukka Cove. You might search for it on the net. There are several different activities that are run out of there. They have mountain bike tours, horse back riding, ATV tours, and probably a few others. Ours was not an all day tour but was perhaps 3 hours. You can hire a taxi to take you to Dunns River Falls. The resort has some drivers on its approved list. If you choose this option you can dod anything you want at your own time.

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
5. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

You can also do a canopy tour while at Cranbrook. Although it is a different excursion, you access the take-off point through Cranbrook. I don't know how many canopy tours there are, but I know of two... one at Cranbrook. One at H'evans Scent.

Cranbrook: 876-7701-8071 or, 876-995-3097

www.cranbrookff.com

H'evans Scent: 876-427-4866 or 876-427-4866 or 847-5592

www.heavansscent.com

You can also go horseback riding right off of the beach next to Breezes... Horsemans Stable will pick you up on horseback for a hilltop view and sea ride. 876-376-7164

Check with some of your preferred attractions as many will pick you up in the Runaway Bay area at no additional charge if you are checking out one of their attractions. I'm sure though that if you're at BRB, that you can catch the hotel shuttle to most.

All the above mentioned are quite safe and you will likely enjoy them.

Harrison, Arkansas
reviews: 38
6. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

Erin,

My husband and I were in Runaway Bay in May of 2005. (Also Mo Bay Jan 2005 and going to Negril in Dec.2006). We are older than you and not really the Canopy Tour kind of people as I'm afraid of heights. We did a tour that included Coyaba Gardens, Wassi Pottery and Dunn's River Fall's ($80.00 per person as I remember) that was really nice. Dunn's River Fall's is truly beautiful! I loved the area at the bottom where Dunn's River flowed into the Caribbean- it was beautiful ;one of God's best works. If you want high adrenaline, this next suggestion is Not for you. If you want laid back- let me be Cleopatra Queen of the Nile, this is a great tour! Book a tour called Martha Brae Rafting. The tour is half day from Runaway Bay. The rafts are bamboo (I mean really long bamboo) poles bound together. There is a padded seat with back for you to sit on. A raft "Captain" has a long pole and "poles" you down the river as you and your sweetheart relax and have a few Cokes or Red Stripes (purchase these at the beginning). Our Captain serenaded us and had a gourd on which he had carved Hummingbirds and Trumpet vines. He added our names and the date and we bought it! It is one of my all time favorite soveigniers. His name was Leroy (like Bad, Bad Leroy Brown he told us) and he was just great. At the end of the float you can buy other pictures of you on the float and other things. We bought bamboo wind chimes and think of our trip whenever we hear them. Hope this helps.

Lanita

7. Re: Booked my room, now help me out please!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:17 am, August 18, 2009