We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary-from...
reviews: 7
Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

heard then can be very "fun"

how about yours?

canada
1. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Holly, I always say that the ride is not for the faint of heart :) Depending on how you view these things it can be either exilerating or terrifying. Our last trip we had the added bonus of driving through pouring rain for 1.5 hours. I always take comfort in the fact however that these drivers have travelled over the same roads probably thousand's of times and seem to know intimately every square inch. Also, I don't know why, but no matter how hard a turn they make to pass and then get back in the proper lane, the vehicle always seems to respond on a dime :) Last time around, we also passed a cop car - I thought for sure that would be one pass we wouldn't make and when I said the same to the driver he goes, no mon, we're passing, LOL. We have always been asked however by the drivers if we were o.k. and I'm sure they would slow down if asked, maybe :)

Somewhere on Earth...
reviews: 3
2. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

They have a saying there: "Undertakers love overtakers". There's a reason for it. If it looks like you're in for a close call, shut you eyes. It will be over in a few seconds and you will find yourself safe and heading for your next close call.

minneapolis
reviews: 8
3. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Holly

Are you flying out of msp? I read earlier that you are visiting here before you leave. Just wondering if we are on the same flight

Sarah

Calgary-from...
reviews: 7
4. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Hey Sarah

No Im heading down to Minneapolis this tues-sun for a concert and to do some shopping. I usally go shopping in Min. about 4 times a year. Its the closet place to Winnipeg (8 hr drive) that has decent shopping.

I leave on March 11th from Here. Sorry to confuse you. Although, it might have been cheeper to fly from MN.

Your only going for 1 week right?

-Holly

minneapolis
reviews: 8
5. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Yep we have to head back home on the 20th

Edmonton, Alberta...
reviews: 15
6. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

We arrived in Montego Bay in the evening, so our trip to the Starfish Trelawney resort was made in the dark. If you are used to traffic in Canada, this initial trip can be a little unnerving, but our bus driver seemed pretty competent. We just considered this trip the beginning of our "Jamaica Adventure"!!

Tampa Florida
reviews: 1
7. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

The best experience you can have of Jamaican driving is to ride shotgun on the minibus.

oklahoma
8. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

Would it be safer for our family to hire a trustworthy cab driver from the airport? We have a toddler that won't be in a car seat (yikes!)

Somewhere on Earth...
reviews: 3
9. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

The driving is all the same regardless of your type transportation. We have done both. It's just not the typical driving style that most of us are used to. I have rarely, if ever, seen an accident along the road.

Personally, I would take the free ride and secure your child as best as you can between you. The roads will be very bumpy and can seem worse depending on what type of vehicle you are riding in.

Texas
10. Re: Your expereince- Drive from the Airport

I go to six flags over texas where I have to pay them to scare me. Wooohooooo, it wont be long until I get that for free. I havnt been yet so I hope its as an exciting of a drive as everyone says