We are heading to Runaway Bay on the 23rd. I have a list of things on my hope to-see/do list, but 100% do not want the large group/ tourist experience. I am traveling with my husband and 2 children (2 and 4). This is our first time to Jamaica, and would appreciate any help you can offer on the subject.
Things we would like to do/see:
* The mountains (Not to hike or bicycle due to age of kids in tow, but are there vehicle tours that take you up?)
* Dunn's River Falls (would like to see, but again, not climb).
* Rainforest or lush gardens. (Something safe and manageable for the kids that gives us an opportunity to see indigenous plants and animals.
* Golf course: any/best local course? rates? My husband is fantasizing about an early morning tee time with a Caribbean Sea view. ;-)
* Any local celebrations going on while we are there?
* Anything you think we are missing that is a must see?