We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dallas, Texas
Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

I want to make sure I don't waste a moment or miss a single thing I shouldn't. What things MUST we do during our visit (including shopping, food, sightseeing, and the rest)?

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
reviews: 23
1. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Laser tag and dinner at the Pizzaria

Scott from Jewel

Dallas, Texas
2. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Laser tag sounds fun... and hot! LOL!

New York
reviews: 51
3. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Pizza....I miss the Carmelized onion, goat cheese and honey pizza. I miss JRB :(

Ocho Rios, Jamaica
reviews: 12
4. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

See a bit of the island, soak up some culture......

Rehoboth Beach...
reviews: 3
5. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Walk up the beach to Flavors restaurant, have a Red Stripe and maybe a snack and enjoy the vibe with the locals.

I miss the pizza at Jewel RB too............... :)

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 2
6. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Do everything the resort has to offer....kayaking, glass bottom boat, hobie cat ride etc. We put off going over to Ruby Ranch for the laser tag, archery etc til the last day and it ended up raining and we never got there :( Like the others said, the pizza is good, and definitely try the ginger lava cake at the Jade Samurai. It is hands down the best dessert at the resort!

As far as off resort activities go, you've got to go to Blue Hole! It is beautiful and amazing! Look it up under Ocho Rios activites on TA. If you need a driver, we used Kemrod Riley with Riley Tours and he was wonderful! His website is rileytours.biz. You cant go to Jamaica and JRB and not have a great time :)

Saint Paul...
reviews: 26
7. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Go visit Clive at the hut on the beach by the infinity pool. My son spent hours there painting shells and talking to him. He is very interesting to talk to and a great person.

Cleveland, Ohio
reviews: 125
8. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

What is the cost for the shell painting with Clive? Anyone remember/know? Just wondering how much cash I need to bring.

Columbus, Ohio
reviews: 2
9. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

There's no charge for the shell painting. It's done during arts-n-crafts time listed on the daily schedule. We too spent time talking with Clive (as well as bought one of his paintings) and he is great! We learned a lot about Jamaica as well as some patois phrases. We are thinking the shell might make a good Christmas ornament this year :)

Connecticut
reviews: 1
10. Re: Heading to JRB this month, any tips on things to do/see?

Here is a sat image of JRB: wikimapia.org/…b

JRB is to the left and the above mentioned Flavours pub is to the right. The beach between JRB and Flavours is a natural beach so it is a joy to walk.

Might want to consider doing the resort scuba course. It has a nominal fee, but you will get to dive to 30 feet in warm water.