We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

GBP dress code for restaurants

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
reviews: 15
GBP dress code for restaurants

We are arriving next Saturday. I have just read on the hotel's website that men are required to wear long sleeved shirts in the"a la carte" restaurants. Can anyone advise me if this is necessary as my husband was only taking short sleeved ones and will now have to re-think his wardrobe!! Don't want to be turned away because he isn't properly dressed.

Cornwall, Canada
reviews: 12
1. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

We were there a couple of years ago, and golf shirts were more than fine. As a matter of fact, they didnt enforce the dress code too strongly. Fantastic resort, enjoy.

Newfoundland
reviews: 7
2. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

Only the Gourmet a la carte had the dress code that men had to wear long pants.

kent
3. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

Sorry Mac, I know about the long pants, but I wanted to know if shirts had to have long sleeves as this is what it states on the hotel website (seems ridiculous to me) !!! Can you get back to me with an answer please?

New York City
reviews: 13
4. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

We were there 2 weeks ago and short sleeve polo shirts....or short sleeve collars shirts are ok to go in the a la cartes. My BF didn't pack a single long sleeve shirt. He wore a short sleeve polo shirt with a collar to the don pablo and the Japanese restaurant and it was fine. They just don't want men to wear shorts or jeans inside cuz I did see a man get turned away becuz he had khaki shorts on

kent
5. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

Thanks thats lovely, I can understand long trousers but long sleeved shirts is going a bit too far.

Warrington, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

All the restaurants use a little discretion to the dress code. Smart casual shorts were excepted I noticed whilst we were there however I always wore trousers with a short sleeve shirt.

The only stricted restaurant is the garden grill also the better of the al a cartes.

Kevin

Ps did you get the info on don pablo?

Edited: 3:34 pm, June 23, 2013
kent
7. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

Hi, yes thanks, not sure about it though. We got upgraded to golden suites with Thomson as we booked last year so already have a few of the things you get in the Don Pablo. Do you recommend the upgrade? I e- mailed the hotel and they have quoted approx. £420 for 2 of us for 2 weeks and I'm not sure it's worth it.

Newfoundland
reviews: 7
8. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

No long sleeve shirts required. Short sleeve shirt or polo shirt would be perfect. I think you may even get by with a short sleeve t shirt at some places. I think as long as there is a sleeve in the shirt, they don't want you going around in muscle shirts or tank tops, even though us females can do it and it is ok. Go figer.

toronto
9. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

How about shoes? Are dark coloured running shoes Ok?

Conception Bay...
10. Re: GBP dress code for restaurants

As far as the dress code goes, are there any restrictions for kids? I'm going in 3 weeks and have an 8 year old boy and 6 year old girl. Wondering if they will need anything in particular. Thanks!