We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Using Groupons in Jamaica

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wisconsin
reviews: 6
Using Groupons in Jamaica

Just wondering if anyone using Groupons for various resorts in Jamaica have had any issues using them once you arrived at your resort? If so, what kinds of problems? Just curious, Ive always booked online myself, but have never used a Groupon. They have some pretty good deals!!

Cincinnati, Ohio
1. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

A guy I work with just returned a couple of weeks ago from a trip to Negril where he booked a Groupon deal. He had no issues. He even had the situation where he initially bought the trip for Breezes Grand Negril and then they subsequently sold and became Grand Lido Negril. Grand Lido honored the deal with no problem.

United States
reviews: 64
2. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

You may wish to view the following video about Groupon travel 'bargains' from this past Wed.:

…huffingtonpost.com/entertainment/the-lookou…

Keep in mind that this video is not about a resort in Jamaica but the same advice, and warnings, in the video also apply to a Groupon trip to Jamaica.

roxbury, ma
reviews: 1
3. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

There is a groupon now for Runaway Bay Grand Bahai...

My friend bought a groupon for Sunset in Ochi and didn;t like the resort at all..groupon refunded her some money!

If you are familiar with the resort than the groupon is a good deal...most are well known places

PEACE!

Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 27
4. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

We went to Jewel Dunn's River this year with a Groupon and didn't have any issues using it. This was a resort I was wanting to try so when I saw it pop up on Groupon, it was a no-brainer. The only small negative was that we didn't get our first choice of travel dates. The Groupon rooms were sold out that week so we had to travel the following week. Not a big deal but if your travel times are very limited, you might want to check with the resort before you buy the deal to make sure that week is available.

Wisconsin
reviews: 6
5. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

Another question??? Once you book through Groupon, you get a confirmation #? Then what? Do you call the resort with that confirmation#, then book directly with them?

Indianapolis, IN
reviews: 27
6. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

In my experience, we booked directly with the resort. The phone number to call was printed on the Groupon. Jewel Resorts sent me a confirmation e-mail and I took that and our vouchers to check-in. They only needed the Groupon vouchers but I was prepared just in case.

Playa del Carmen...
reviews: 2
7. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

Hello SarahWisconsin: In Grand Lido Negril we work with Groupon & social living so far no problem.

Keep in touch

8. Re: Using Groupons in Jamaica

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, July 28, 2014