We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
New York City
reviews: 17
Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

It seems like a lot of people upgrade themselves for this resort. But we aren't. We're just gonna be in the standard suite. We didn't get a special sea view room. We don't have pre-booked reservations for the restaurants. So for anyone who had the standard room with no special upgrades what was your experience like? What was the view like in your room? did you feel like you had to pre-book the a la cartes as soon as you got there?

Newfoundland
reviews: 8
1. Re: Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

Ok Poochie I think I was talking to you before. We had the standard package. Because we were flying with WestJet we knew we were having an ocean view room. But most of the rooms have ocean view. I asked, when making our reservation, if we could be on one of the higher floors 4,5 or 6 because the view is better and I asked for a king size bed. We got the bed and they put us on the 5th floor. Our room was lovely, you stood on the balcony and looked straight out at the ocean and down at the pool. You could also watch the weddings each day at the Gazebo from our room. We had no problems. Our bathroom had a tub with jets and a separate shower. No trouble with air conditioning, or dirty room or bad smells, nothing. It was perfect. I think it depends on where in the resort you are staying. The older sections may have more problems, or some maids may not be as good as others. Or maybe we were just lucky to get a great room. Although I know other people who were there while we were and everyone liked there rooms with no complaints. We checked in and went to book our a la carte. My husband doesn't like going to them so we only booked one. Had no problem getting it for 7:30 a few days away. We were really happy with the standard setup we had. If some people want upgrading that's their choice. But I don't need a special area of the pool, which was actually far away from all the fun. I don't need a special area of the beach, which in my opinion was not that great an area. I know there are other perks but each to their own.

Powhatan, VA
reviews: 9
2. Re: Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

i don't understand the upgrades and what is included and what is extra...hearing people have a bar tab is un-nerving b/c i am spoiled by a true all inclusive, Sandals...with kids we have to find an alternative...any input would be appreciated...still shopping all the options for summer vaca..

Shelburne, Canada
reviews: 48
3. Re: Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

The Premiums, if you want them, you tell them your room number. For me, there are tonnes of options for very good drinks without needing a 21 year aged spirit in it, to be charged to the room etc.

Glasgow, United...
4. Re: Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

you should try Beaches resorts as these are Sandals standard but with kids allowed :-)

The one is Negril is excellent!

5. Re: Standard room/pkg experience @ Gran Bahia ?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, June 23, 2014