We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland
reviews: 7
Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Just returned from the GBP and if anyone has questions, I may be able to help.

33 replies to this topic
Algonquin Highlands
reviews: 2
21. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Hi! What is the beach like and is there any good snorkeling?

West Virginia
reviews: 1
22. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

We will be there at the same time, I suggest that you rent a phone (digicell). Will the party that your traveling with be using a Jamaican phone?

23. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Hi thnx for ur reply. I don't know as I am trying to find for everyone. I have an old phone I have unlocked to any network that I was going to take out because me contract phone could run up a massive bill so was going to leave that at home. I have read on oyher pages that there is a shop somewhere near but was just seeing if anyone knew if it was still there. Thnx

Michigan
reviews: 1
24. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Do they provide airport transfers? And I have heard that building 18 is the best and to also get a 4th or 5th floor room. Would you agree?

Scottsdale
25. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Looking at getting married at GBP April, 2014. Bringing about 50 guests. I have two questions:

1) Is there a long, wide, beach that isn't rocky?

2) Is it a friendly, lively, atmosphere with enough entertainment for guests?

Thanks for your help!

new york
reviews: 4
26. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Hi Jeanette,

We are travelling to Gran Bahia Principe in August. We are a family of 4 with 2 teenagers. I have a few questions for you. Upon reading a few reviews, it mentions that one of the beaches is rocky. Do you think we need water shoes if we want to go snorkeling? Also, did you go snorkeling and if so, how was it?

Regarding dinner, do we need to make reservations as soon as we arrive or in the morning the day of? Also, are there any restaurants that require long pants worn by men? A few years ago we went to a resort in Mexico and weren't away of this at one of the restaurants and missed out. Also, please let me know your thoughts on the buffet and the restaurants that you went to.

If there are any other advice or recommendations please let me know.

This is extremely nice of you to help all of us! Thank you!

27. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Do they have a shuttle service to get around the resort? Golf carts, trolleys? Also how was there nightly entertainment? We aren't big on the regular typical resort Michael Jackson/dirty dancing stage shows but love reggae and live bands. Any of that here?

Runcorn, United...
28. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Hi. Hope you don't mind me messaging you. Noticed you were getting married at Bahia Jamaica in September. I am getting married there in August. Just wondering how your experience was. Grateful for any information, tried to contact the hotel but had no reply so starting to worry. Thanks.

Barrie, Canada
29. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

how was weather? what did you wish you took with you and forgot to pack? how was tipping? was there lots to keep an active person busy? adventures are they expensive?? (I expect $100 us per person)

how was the food, anything to avoid? any must do's while we are there?

really appreciate your post!

Edited: 6:28 pm, February 14, 2014
Nova Scotia
reviews: 4
30. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Is there wifi in the Don Pablo rooms?

Any trouble getting bottles of wine sent to your room?

Are there a lot of stops on the way to the resort?

I'm sure I'll think of lots more as we are going on March 8th.

Reply to: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted