We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Newfoundland
reviews: 7
Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Just returned from the GBP and if anyone has questions, I may be able to help.

33 replies to this topic
New York City
reviews: 11
1. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

I'll be there in 2 weeks.

Did the hotel provide any shuttles to Margaritaville?

Which activities did you do and did you book with the hotel, or a private tour?

How did the hotel perform when shuffling from breakfast to lunch....lunch to dinner? Was there ever a time when you couldn't get food because nothing was open yet?

new york
reviews: 40
2. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

how long does it take from the airport to the grand bahia principe?

Newfoundland
3. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Lunaben it took us l hour and 15 minutes from airport to hotel. That was with a short stop for a beer half way there.

Newfoundland
4. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Poochie, I did not see any shuttle service while I was there. Some of the tours did take in Margaretaville but I do not know which ones. We did two tours through Jamaican Tours which was the tour company our airline, WestJet, worked with. One first tour was called Ocho Rios Hilites and it included a trip to Ocho Rios and visiting a pottery there, as well as shopping in the duty free shopping centre (that was excellent, great buys), a trip to the Botanical Gardens (also very enjoyable), and finally the Dunn River Falls Climb, which was absolutely awesome, loved. it. Our second tour also through Jamaican Tours was River Tubing. We really enjoyed it and it was easy to do and very enjoyable.

Everything seemed to run smoothly to me in the buffet. We had breakfast there and no problems getting what you wanted. We ate lunch at the beach snack bar, of course the jerk chicken was wonderful and their hamburgers are also really good. Supper at the buffet again was good, a big resort but was managed well. I think there is always somewhere opened to eat. The buffet opens at 7 o'clock to 10:30 for breakfast. I'm not sure what time it opens for lunch because we had ours at the snack bar on the beach every day. The snack bar is open until 6 o'clock. The buffet opens for supper at 6:30 till 10:30 and sometime shortly after this there is a place opened over by the Disco and Sports bar where you can get hamburgers and such until the wee hours of the morning. I hope this helps you. Have a great holiday. I did write a Review, if you want to read it.

New York City
reviews: 11
5. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

thank you for your response Mac.

How did you personally like the entertainment there? day and night?

Durham, United...
reviews: 13
6. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Hi what was the weather like

Newfoundland
7. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Poochie the entertainment was like in all of the all inclusive resorts. A little amateur but we did see a few nice shows. The Michael Jackson show was nice and the first time I've seen it. They even had a few audience participation shows that were really funny and entertaining. Then again there were a few shows with just lots of dancing. My advice is sit and watch and if you don't like it after l0 min. just leave. There was also entertainment on the veranda off the lobby. After supper we usually spent an hour or so up there. They had a couple of bands and mainly two female singers who were really good. During the day by one area of the pool lots of entertainment and games. We didn't participate in this, mostly the younger crowd. But it was fun listening to it. Lots of loud music. Any other questions, just let me know.

Newfoundland
8. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Jeanette, the weather was generally hot. Thanks to a nice breeze most days it was comfortable. It started to rain on and off one evening, I think around 4 o'clock and rained on and off all evening. The next morning it was still raining but cleared up just after lunch and back to the pool we went. Even in the rain it was nice and warm. The rest of the week was perfect. On the morning of the rain, there was entertainment and games on the veranda so still something to do. My husband and I rain between the drops up to the shopping area and got some shopping done, so the rain was a good thing for us.

Durham, United...
reviews: 13
9. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Sounds so romantic running in the rain!! I have booked this afternoon so come rain or shine I will be there next May!! Thank you for replying.

Dublin, Ireland
reviews: 2
10. Re: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !

Hi there,

I am thinking of using this hotel next month for 7nights. Im a female single traveller. Will it be suitable?

Also I am a little obsessive compulsive (okay VERY obsessive compulsive) about clean rooms especially bathrooms. Mould/ old looking furniture etc would really put me on edge. If i see a stain on a rug or something i'll just stare at It the whole holiday! I keep reading mixed things about the cleanliness and service there. So not sure what to believe! what do you think?

Also how close/or far away is the hotel from the action? Ie will i be stuck in the hotel or would it be easy/cheap enough to venture out and see the country?

Finally, have you ever stayed in Iberostar Rose Hall Beach Hotel Montego Bay or know anything about it? Im trying to decide which 2 hotels to venture out to.

Sorry for bombarding you with questions. I will read your review too as you may have already answered these things but the reviews on here are so contrasting and its got me fearing i'll be the one who gets the horrible experience! I had a recently disappointing experience with a so-called "5star" hotel and so its got me nervous about booking all inclusive hotels now. Especially as im about to shell out a lot of money for this trip. I would be soooo annoyed if i'd got it it wrong again!

Thanks alot!

Ladgyogci

Reply to: Just Returned From the Gran Bahia Principe, Runaway Bay !
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted