We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

English at GBP

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
kent
reviews: 15
English at GBP

Hi, we are booked to come to the GBP at the end of June. I have been checking the reviews and they are all by Canadians and Americans. Do any British come to this hotel? We are friendly people and hope all you people from the other side of the Atlantic will take pity on us and have a chat!!!!

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 23
1. Re: English at GBP

LOL, I love your post. I can't answer for GBP but I can tell you that we have meet a few Brits in our travels to Jamaica that are very lovely and we enjoyed very much. I am pretty certain that you will be find many that will take pity on your and have a chat.

St. Charles, MO
reviews: 1
2. Re: English at GBP

I can't speak about GBP either, but I have been to 5 different resorts in Jamaica and have met British friends at each place. I'm an unusual American. I am a fan of Proper English football. I seek out the Brits that are also proper football fans. It's the rare opportunity I get to discuss one of my passions.

kentishgirl53, you shouldn't have any problems making friends in Jamaica. "No worries. It's all good".

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 5
3. Re: English at GBP

When are you going ? Friendly Canadian couple going in June late 40's

Barrie Ontario
reviews: 12
4. Re: English at GBP

From reviews I see from UK they are somewhere for 2 weeks probably because of price. They seem to get bored somewhere along the line . I personally would always split stay two wees.

Ontario, Canada
reviews: 6
5. Re: English at GBP

We are from Canada, and spent 2 days, plus 1 excursion with a British couple... We're all friendly on vacay!

Largs, United...
reviews: 3
6. Re: English at GBP

Scottish family, couple and 10 year old daughter coming to GBP 27th June -11th July.

Newfoundland
reviews: 7
7. Re: English at GBP

While I was at the GBP in May, the population there was 90% Canadians. I think it may just be the time of the year. People from the UK often travel there mainly in June and July from what I was told.

Largs, United...
reviews: 3
8. Re: English at GBP

Our schools break up for the summer at the end of June, so thats when most Scots with kids at school head of on their hols (vacation)

Warrington, United...
reviews: 8
9. Re: English at GBP

Having just returned i have to say there was a good number of us Brits out there but the resort is a good 80% North American. I found both Yanks and Canadians to be mostly friendly. You should have no problem at all making friends with anyone even the Jamaicans talk and love Premiership Football.

PS. take your Bubba Keg with you for your drinks. Everyone has them. the resort shop sell upwards of $18 USD and you can get a 52oz from amazon for £10GBP ( Other retailers are available).

kent
reviews: 15
10. Re: English at GBP

i have read about these bubba kegs, I take it the bar staff are happy to fill these? Another question is it expensive to upgrade to the don Pablo and is it worth it? Sorry for asking so much but want to get the best out of our hols!!