We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
boston, ma
reviews: 15
Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

Anyone going to The Royal Decameron Fun in Runaway Bay? We are going Feb. 28th - Mar. 4th. Or anyone have any feedback on the resort or excursions.

Illinois
reviews: 6
1. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

We just got back last night!!! What would you like to know??? We loved our stay - and thought it was an EXCELLENT value!!!

Rooms have jet tubs, the place was CLEAN, you can take a free shuttle to the Club Caribbean resort too, lots of pools, two very nice beaches (one was adults only), it wasn't over crowded and you could always find a chair... they have snorkeling, kayaking, paddle boats... shows, two a la cart restaurants you can make reservations for (we LOVED the Asian one, and the Italian one was good too) and you can go to the two a la cart ones at the other restaurant too (we had the Thai!!! my hubby's fave)!!! They also have other planned activities like beach volleyball.

We booked an excursion through Jamaica Tours Unlimited, a company that set up a table there. We did the Ochos Rios highlights which left at 8:15 and got back at 3:30 and included a stop at a local pottery place to see how they make it, a guided tour through a BEAUTIFUL botanical garden in the hills, an hour for shopping (much better prices than at the resort or airport), and a guided tour for Dunn's River's Falls, all for $61/pp. I thought that was VERY reasonable! We were kind of unsure about Dunn's River before... and we are SO glad we did it! A total blast!

Let me know what questions you have and I will do my best to answer!!!!

boston, ma
2. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

glad you had fun!

Here goes with my questions:

what was the weather like?

did you have an oceanview,pool view or garden view?

what building & floor?

do they allow floats in the pool?

Is there a dress code for dinner at the restaurants (pants, collar shirt, closed toe shoes, etc)?

Is bug spray needed?

How was the check in process? can you upgrade?

Should reservations be made for the restaurants upon arrival?

Did you tip bar staff?

My husband has a bad back, would the falls be too much or him?

Are water shoes needed?

Is there transporation to go into town to shop?

Sorry so many questions.

Orangeville, Canada
reviews: 2
3. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

16 more sleeps for us!! Can't wait!!!

boston, ma
4. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

2 for us! will post when we return.

Orangeville, Canada
reviews: 2
5. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

Can't wait to hear how u liked it!

6. Re: Royal Decameron Fun Resort @ Runaway Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:15 am, February 28, 2014