We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Manchester, United...
reviews: 6
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

RDCC has been my choice for holidays for the past 4 years and over that time, I have seen lots of changes.

I loved the atmosphere of the place and friendly staff however last July just wasn't the same.

Anybody love the place as much as I do who has been recently please update me of their opinions.

Looking to go the last 2 weeks of May.

Many thanks

Lauren

Wigan, Lancashire
reviews: 23
1. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

We are going 29th April for 17 nights and this will be our first visit, I have been watching the reviews and all in all seem to be good.

We are open minded and easy going so am sure it will be a good break.

Also yesterday looked on First choice and prices have dropped by £400+ each. price was £1000.00 each... great price for a 17 night trip. We paid more than that when we book this holiday last April. oh well!!

Dave

Edited: 8:50 am, February 16, 2013
Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
reviews: 12
2. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

I think all the Decameron's are going through some changes. RDMB is going through changes as well. Hopefully both places change for the good.

Cheshire, UK
reviews: 61
3. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

I know exactly what you are saying. We are there for two weeks in early June and it ill be our forth time. It used to have a simple charm. If you remember when George used to run the Swing Bar. They moved him to the main bar and the whole mojo went with him. They have also embarked on too many developments - wedding pavilion on the sea break; extending the jetty; water skiing boat not running; etc. having said that , it has still pulled us back one last time. But yes, it is changing. But I till meet people that have been there anything from 8 to 21 times!

Sault Ste. Marie...
reviews: 8
4. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

princess.....things have changed...some for the better some for the worst. We are one of the one's that return year after year...

We love the staff the property and the people we have met and kept in touch with

Manchester, United...
5. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

Terri, nice to hear you are a return traveller like me.

The reason I return is because of friends but the 'original' staff are dwindling.

Paulette, George and Jerome johnson must be the only originals left now.

They really are being bad to the staff aren't they?

I've said the last 2 times, that's the last time but then I start looking at holidays, I just can't think of anywhere I'd rather be than in the jetty sipping rum with George.

One last time...lol.

Sault Ste. Marie...
reviews: 8
6. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

Cannot forget Verma, Fitzroy..etc....oh you mean the bartenders :-) well Ms Verma has worked behind the bar :-)

Basil , Hugh, just to name a few wait staff

london england
reviews: 10
7. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

Hi can you tell me if this hotel is suitable for a 15 and 17 year old as have booked to go in August and am now thinking have I done the right thing, reviews not looking good for the teenagers. Hope there will be others for them to mix with any advice welcomed. Thanks

Manchester, United...
8. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

I did go for the last 2 weeks of May and loved it. Trip 10 coming in October!

Sorry I'm not sure about teenagers, there are some there and can join in the entertainment. I suppose it depends what they are in to.

San Antonio, Texas
reviews: 4
9. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

My husband and I are going in 3 weeks. We'll let you know when we get back :)

York, United Kingdom
reviews: 3
10. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean - Honest Opinions

Hi we've gone with our daughter for the past 3 years and she's had so much fun. 3rd time this year and now she's 16. Does take a while for some girls to get used to the attention but she's really looking forward to it. There is a great fundcrew even though a lot have moved on since last year but they work their socks off to make it fun even if its just sitting with them laughing. We have had some great memories and hopefully some more going 26 july till 9 th aug can't wait