We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Should we worry about the rain???

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Ooltewah, Tennessee
reviews: 23
Should we worry about the rain???

We leave in 3 days and couldn't be more excited, but I have to say that I'm nervous about the possibility of rain! It shows that there are chances for thunderstorms by the end of the week and I don't want our trip to be ruined by rain. What is Jamaica like when it rains? Are they quick showers or does it rain constantly throughout the day? I've been worrying about the weather conditions since I booked our trip considering it is the rainy season...

Oxford, Alabama
1. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

Why would you worry about something that you have no control over??

nova scotia
reviews: 54
2. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

grab a drink, put on a ballcap and head to the hot tub... enjoy!

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 6
3. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

been to places tons of times during hurricane season where the weather reports called for rain every day and usually that means ...if anything ...a few minutes of rain and only MAYBE... then the HOT HOT sun comes out out and 20 minutes later you would never know there was even clouds.... hopefully tho no hurricane does show up because although it would be excitement...it would be something to not have to deal with if you could avoid it

Pompton Lakes, New...
Destination Expert
for Runaway Bay, Seaside Heights
reviews: 41
4. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

Just have a seat at a swim up pool bar. Wet is wet!

Enjoy!

Cedar Rapids, Iowa
reviews: 16
5. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

Was in Jamaica 2 Weeks ago and the forecast was also chance of rain everyday. We had the best weather we have had in years!!! Go and enjoy

Saskatoon, Canada
reviews: 24
6. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

In Jamaica the rain is known as liquid sunshine!!! Go and enjoy, The sun or the liquid sunshine!!! Its all great, just hit the swim up bar!

Apache Junction...
Destination Expert
for Montego Bay
reviews: 8
7. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

LIke Oxforddawg said, you can do nothing to control the weather, so don't worry about it. Go and have a good time. If it does rain, guarantee you'll find ways to still have fun.

Connecticut
reviews: 1
8. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

Forecasting weather for Jamaica is nearly impossible 12 hours out and absolutely impossible several days out. What is forecasted as rain might be a 20 shower in late afternoon.

Looking at the rain systems currently in the Caribbean, nothing seems important enough to generate island-wide rain.

And so what if it does rain -- time for a 'nap.'

9. Re: Should we worry about the rain???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, December 13, 2013