We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Question for Jamaica Steve

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Philadelphia
reviews: 2
Question for Jamaica Steve

First of all thank you for all the info you provide on Jamaica. For that matter I thank everyone on this forum. We are going to the RDCC on Jan. 18. I gather that they dont have any top shelf liquor there. Is there somewhere close by that would have that or can you bring a bottle from the states?

We are going with another couple and have reserved 2 gardenview cottages. Do you think the hotel would give us 2 cottages next to each other if we called ahead. I know that some people have complained about overbooking, so I didn't know if that would be realistic hope. Would appreciate any info.

Thank You

montreal
reviews: 26
1. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

No problem, I'm glad to help.

The last I knew there was a store selling alcohol on the road just in front of RDCC. Depending on what you're looking for specifically, you might want to buy at the airport or stop at a larger store along the way, as it not a large outlet.

The hotel will definately give you "adjoining" cottages if there are two available, they try very hard to accomodate all requests. It is a pretty busy time of year though, so it might not be possible.

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

CAN
reviews: 25
2. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

Hi fuzzy, I'm not Steve obviously LOL...but I have stayed at RDCC and loved it!

LOTL said they didn't have Jack Daniels but when they stayed there they did have Jim Beam. I believe you could get some premium booze at the airport in MoBay. Sorry I'm a non drinker....

Yes the resort might give you two cottages close together....it's been my experience that they are not good at returning emails. Maybe worth a phone call though. May as well ask right?

Just don't settle for a 'courtyard' room...like they did to Yahty - everything/where else is great on the property. It's a great value place.

ONE LOVE.

CAN
reviews: 25
3. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

LOL sorry Steve....blessings to you my friend. lol ONE LOVE.

Philadelphia
4. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

Thanks for the info. Can I bring a bottle from the states?

Central Ohio
Destination Expert
for Negril, Port Antonio
reviews: 53
5. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

I think you can bring a bottle for each person.

If you have access to duty-free shops in the airport, they usually have the cheapest prices...we change planes in Charlotte and can shop there.

Toronto, Canada
reviews: 3
6. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

Hi:

Jamaica Steve is right---there is a liquor store across the street from the resort. Not a lot of choices---but they do carry Appletons Rum (the best---made right in Jamaica).

Also you can buy one bottle each at the airport or on the plane duty free and take it to the resort with you.

Irie,

Taly

Philadelphia
7. Re: Question for Jamaica Steve

TY everyone