We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Syracuse, NY
Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hi, all -

First I must mention that I am inspired by the kind words of Jamaica Steve (I have visited your page on Jamaica.com) and JohnnyBGood. I will make it a point to bring some school supplies when I visit, even if I can just drop them off to be delivered by others.

My boyfriend and I are planning to book a trip to RDCC 11/23/05-11/28/05. I loved the "small resort" feel of this place and of course the terrific price for those of us who are short on funds but can't wait to get out and explore, see how others live!

I don't consider myself hard to please, so I'm sure the accomodations will be more than adequate - however some of these posts have me freaked out!! I would appreciate any personal photo's that could be emailed to me to put my fears at ease - the resort's website only gives a few pics.

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

montreal
reviews: 26
1. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Greetings and welcome ! Thank you for the kind words and the generosity. When the time comes, just let me know and I will be sure to have someone pick up your supplies... God bless you.

As long as you understand that this is a moderate value oriented resort you are going to love it !! I've been three times (I know all about the "short on funds" thing.. lol) and for the money it is fabulous!

I have some good photos I can send you, send me an email at

landrysmusicNOSPAM@aol.com (remove the NOSPAM)

and I'll be happy to send em back to you...

Blessings and respect to you.

Steve

Cuenca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Jamaica
reviews: 5
2. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

Hello Nic7114,

Thank you. Please make sure that you get your hotel confirmation in writting and that it does say RUNAWAYBAY.

Recently there has been some confusion and guests were sent to MONTEGO BAY. Fortunately, the bad story turned out to have a happy ending for everyone. See the thread Royal DeCamerun Montego Bay by selictivedi. It makes for interesting reading. On page 4 of that thread, you will find a list of exciting things do off the property. ENJOY!

Syracuse, NY
3. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

JAMAICASTEVE-

I visited Jamaicans.com again last night-read your journal about RDCC. The more I visit the more I can't wait to go!! Sounds like you enjoyed your stay for the same reasons I'm looking forward to going. I want a little authentic Jamaica, not some resort where I feel as if I haven't left NY!!!

Also read about Starfish Trelawny which looks great but seems very geared toward children (not that it's a bad thing)

ONCE again, THANKS FOR YOUR HELP, YOUR WORDS ON JAMAICANS.COM ARE AN INSPIRATION-YOU HAVE A HUGE HEART!

AT WORK RIGHT NOW, BUT WHEN I GET HOME I WILL ZIP YOU AN EMAIL, MAYBE YOU COULD SEND ME SOME PHOTO'S IF IT'S NOT TOO MUCH OF A HASSLE, WE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THEM!

TAKE CARE!!

Syracuse, NY
4. Re: Royal Decameron Club Caribbean

JOHNNYBGOOD-

Thanks so much for your responce! I will make a note to check for Runaway Bay on my reservations - I REALLY want to stay in a cottage and not a high rise.

I will be sure to check out the other threads for other things to do, sounds like the DUNN RIVER FALLS and the downhill mountain bike ride are going to be awesome!!!!!!

One more question for you guys - do you recommend signing up for these tours when I schedule my trip or wait and speak to people at the resort? Also, does RDCC have taxi's that go back and forth for a fee?

Thanks for everything, you guys are great!